James Sullivan focuses his practice on advising financial and strategic investors and project owners and operators in the structuring, financing, development and divestiture of energy assets.
Mr. Sullivan also counsels a number of public and private companies and private equity funds in a variety of complex domestic and cross-border acquisitions and divestures, equity and debt financings and other complex business transactions.
- Counsel to an independent power producer in ERCOT South market in Texas with respect to several project financings for power plants with over 2,500 MW of capacity.
- Counsel to U.S. subsidiary of a global renewable energy project owner and operator with respect to the financing and development of several biogas and wind energy projects across the United States.
- Represented a global energy and power-focused private equity firm in the financing and acquisition of seven gas-fired power generation plants in the northeastern United States through a newly formed project company.
- Represented owner and operator of biomass and waste-to-energy facilities in connection with its acquisition of a portfolio of five U.S. biomass energy-production facilities in Maine and New York.
- Counsel to a Japanese financial institution in connection with certain U.S. equity and debt investments.
- Counsel to a European private equity firm in connection with various equity investments in the United States.
- Represented a European private equity group in connection with the financing and acquisition of the North American operations of a German vitamins and generic prescription drugs maker.