Kyle Healy is a member of the firm's Corporate Transactions & Securities Group and focuses his practice on the representation of both public and private companies in securities transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and other complex business transactions. Mr. Healy's practice also includes counseling with respect to general corporate matters, including ongoing SEC compliance and corporate governance issues.
Mr. Healy earned his J.D., cum laude, in 2006 from the University of Michigan Law School. He received his B.A. in economics, magna cum laude, from Washington and Lee University in 2003, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He is admitted to practice law in Georgia and is a member of the Georgia and Atlanta Bar Associations.
- Representation of a publicly held retailer and distributor of beauty supplies in connection with common stock offerings totaling $2 billion and senior notes offerings totaling $1.45 billion.
- Representation of a publicly held technology company in connection with its sale to Apple Inc. for $365 million.
- Representation of a publicly held operator of restaurants in connection with its sale for over $1.3 billion.
- Representation of a publicly held telecommunications company in connection with its sale for $2.6 billion.
- Representation of a publicly held financial services company in connection with its $600 million follow-on common stock offering.
- Representation of a publicly held REIT in connection with its $400 million at the market common stock offering.
- Representation of a publicly held REIT in connection with its $300 million senior notes offering.
- Representation of a publicly held packaging company in connection with its $100 million secondary common stock offering and its concurrent $300 million share repurchase.
- Representation of the lead underwriter in a $100 million convertible debt offering by a leading designer and marketer of toys and consumer products.
- Representation of the lead underwriter in a $100 million initial public offering by a leading provider of concrete products.
- Representation of a Japanese company in connection with its first acquisition of a U.S. public company.
- Representation of a placement agent in private placements for multiple publicly held companies.
- Representation of a provider of security and identity management solutions in connection with multiple acquisitions.
- Representation of various private equity firms in their acquisitions and divestitures.
- Representation of various international companies in connection with their U.S. acquisitions and divestitures.
Alston & Bird served as legal counsel to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Ebix, Inc., a leading international supplier of on-demand software and E-commerce services to the insurance industry, in a definitive merger agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of Goldman, Sachs & Co. in an $820 million transaction, where Ebix shareholders will receive $20 per share in cash.
April 30, 2013
In the Press
An Alston & Bird team led by Washington, D.C. corporate transactions and securities partner Keith E. Gottfried represented the special committee of the board of directors of publicly traded New Frontier Media, Inc., in its sale to LFP Broadcasting, LLC. New Frontier, based in Boulder, Colorado, is a leading provider of transactional television services and distributor of general motion picture entertainment.
November 28, 2012
In the Press