Andy Immerman is a member of the Federal & International Tax Group. He focuses on the federal income tax aspects of planning and structuring transactions involving corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
Mr. Immerman, a frequent author and speaker, is past chair of the Committee on Taxation of the American Bar Association, Section of Business Law. He is a former member of the Executive Committee of the State Bar of Georgia, Business Law Section; Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation; and former member of the editorial board of Business Law Today. While chair of the Partnership and LLC Committee of the State Bar of Georgia, Business Law Section, he led the drafting of the most comprehensive set of amendments to the Georgia LLC Act in the history of the act. He participated in several drafting projects of the ABA Section of Business Law, published in The Business Lawyer. Mr. Immerman is listed in The Best Lawyers in America©, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business and Georgia Super Lawyers magazine. In 1982-83, he was a law clerk for The Honorable Judge Arlin M. Adams, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, Philadelphia.
- Counsel to taxpayers in leveraged partnerships and “mixing bowl” partnerships involving hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Tax advice on numerous taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions involving entities of different types in various industries over the course of 30 years.
Alston & Bird is mentioned for representing FB Financial Corp. in its proposed IPO of common stock.
September 9, 2016
In the News
One-hundred and sixty Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. The lawyers span the firm’s eight offices in the United States and represent more than 60 practice areas.
August 16, 2016
Alston & Bird has earned wide recognition in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA, the peer review directory of leading U.S. business lawyers.
May 27, 2016
Eighty-two Alston & Bird attorneys have been named in the 2016 edition of “Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers.”
March 8, 2016
Alston & Bird client Community & Southern Holdings, Inc. (CSB), has signed a definitive agreement and plan of merger with Bank of the Ozarks, Inc., valued at about $799.6 million.
October 21, 2015
- CFA Institute’s Claritas® Investment Certificate
- Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association, Tax Section and Business Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Tax Section and Business Law Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, Tax Section