Lisa Cassilly concentrates on the representation of management interests with a special emphasis on litigated matters. She has defended against all types of employment claims in administrative proceedings, arbitrations and in trial and appellate courts throughout the country. Lisa has extensive experience conducting internal investigations and audits, handling SOX and other whistleblower claims and prosecuting and defending actions involving claims for breach of restrictive covenants, employee piracy, breach of fiduciary duties and trade secret misappropriation.
Lisa is the immediate past leader of the Labor & Employment Team at Alston & Bird and has been repeatedly recognized as a leading employment lawyer by The Best Lawyers in America® and Chambers USA, which reports that, “she is one of the top performers in her field" whose clients describe her as “brilliant, strategic and extremely effective.” Georgia Super Lawyers has ranked her as among the "Top 50 Female Attorneys" in Georgia in seven annual rankings. She regularly appears in Georgia Trend magazine’s Legal Elite listing. Lisa has been a featured guest on CNN, Fox News, Business Report, Forbes and Sky Radio Network. She has been quoted by BusinessWeek, CFO Magazine, Newsweek, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Workforce Magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle, and regularly provides comment to online and print publications.
- Granted summary judgment in a class action alleging a violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act on behalf of a nationwide class composed of applicants and employees of a major insurance company.
- Awarded $6 million in a recent arbitration in Connecticut for a client whose former executive breached his employment contract and diverted business to entities in which he had an interest.
- Granted permanent injunction enforcing restrictive covenants on behalf of a security company in federal court in New England.
- Obtained injunctive relief and return of share value in a federal court breach of contract and trade secret action brought on behalf of an international technology company against a former executive and competitor.
- Obtained dismissal of Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower case brought by the in-house counsel and compliance officer against a telecommunications client.
- Defended a major financial institution in multimillion-dollar employee piracy and trade secret misappropriation cases in federal courts in Georgia and Virginia, and the Superior Court for Santa Clara County, California.
- In the past three years, conducted several internal investigations of alleged employment law violations, including investigations on behalf of a nationally known investment group, a large municipal government and a Fortune 20 company.
- Obtained multiple summary judgments and two affirmances on appeal of summary judgments in employment discrimination in the past two years.
- Represented a telecommunications company in a dispute with a competitor, resulting in the imposition of significant restrictions upon the activities of the competitor’s newly hired chairman and CEO.