Lisa Cassilly concentrates on the representation of management interests with a special emphasis on litigated matters. She has defended against all types of employment claims in administrative proceedings, arbitrations and in trial and appellate courts throughout the country. Lisa has extensive experience conducting internal investigations and audits, handling SOX and other whistleblower claims and prosecuting and defending actions involving claims for breach of restrictive covenants, employee piracy, breach of fiduciary duties and trade secret misappropriation.
Lisa is the immediate past chair of the Labor & Employment Group at Alston & Bird and has been repeatedly recognized as a leading employment lawyer by Best Lawyers and Chambers USA, which reports that, “she is one of the top performers in her field" whose clients describe her as “brilliant, strategic and extremely effective.” Super Lawyers has ranked her as among the Top 50 Female Attorneys in Georgia in seven annual rankings. She regularly appears in Georgia Trend magazine’s Legal Elite listing. Lisa has been a featured guest on CNN, Fox News, Business Report, Forbes and Sky Radio Network. She has been quoted by BusinessWeek, CFO Magazine, Newsweek, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Workforce Magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle, and regularly provides comment to online and print publications.
- Awarded six million dollars in a recent arbitration in Connecticut for a client whose former executive breached his employment contract and diverted business to entities in which he had an interest.
- Granted permanent injunction enforcing restrictive covenants on behalf of a security company in federal court in New England.
- Obtained injunctive relief and return of share value in a federal court breach of contract and trade secret action brought on behalf of an international technology company against a former executive and competitor.
- Obtained dismissal of Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower case brought by the in-house counsel and compliance officer against a telecommunications client.
- Defended a major financial institution in multimillion-dollar employee piracy and trade secret misappropriation cases in federal courts in Georgia and Virginia, and the Superior Court for Santa Clara County, California.
- In the past three years, conducted several internal investigations of alleged employment law violations, including investigations on behalf of a nationally known investment group, a large municipal government and a Fortune 20 company.
- Obtained multiple summary judgments and two affirmances on appeal of summary judgments in employment discrimination in the past two years.
- Represented a telecommunications company in a dispute with a competitor, resulting in the imposition of significant restrictions upon the activities of the competitor’s newly hired chairman and CEO.
One hundred and forty-seven Alston & Bird lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2015 edition of The Best Lawyers In America. The lawyers span the firm’s eight U.S. offices and represent more than 60 different practice areas.
August 19, 2014
Twenty-one Alston & Bird practices have been listed in the 2014 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. These include Antitrust; Banking & Finance; Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Construction; Corporate/M&A; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation; Energy; Environment; ERISA Litigation; Government: Government Relations; Healthcare; Immigration; Intellectual Property; International Trade; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial, including White-Collar and Securities Litigation; Outsourcing; Privacy & Data Security; Real Estate; REITs; and Tax.
May 23, 2014
In the News
One hundred and forty-four Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. In addition, 17 Alston & Bird attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” by the publication.
August 15, 2013
In the News
Twenty-one Alston & Bird practices have been listed in the 2013 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. These include Antitrust; Banking & Finance; Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Capital Markets: REITs; Construction; Corporate/M&A; Energy; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation; Environment; ERISA Litigation; Government: Government Relations; Health Care; Immigration; Intellectual Property; International Trade; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial, including White-Collar and Securities Litigation; Outsourcing; Privacy & Data Security; Real Estate; Tax.
May 24, 2013
In the News
One hundred and forty-seven Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The publication is universally regarded as among the few definitive guides to legal excellence, and its rankings are based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas.
September 18, 2012
In the News