Lisa Cassilly concentrates on the representation of management interests with a special emphasis on litigated matters. She has defended against all types of employment claims in administrative proceedings, arbitrations and in trial and appellate courts throughout the country. Lisa has extensive experience conducting internal investigations and audits, handling SOX and other whistleblower claims and prosecuting and defending actions involving claims for breach of restrictive covenants, employee piracy, breach of fiduciary duties and trade secret misappropriation.
Lisa has been repeatedly recognized as a leading employment lawyer by Best Lawyers and Chambers USA, which reports that, “she is a seasoned business person” and "one of the top performers in her field." Super Lawyers has ranked her as among the Top 50 Female Attorneys in Georgia in seven annual rankings. She regularly appears in Georgia Trend magazine’s Legal Elite listing. Lisa has been a featured guest on CNN, Fox News, Business Report and Forbes, Sky Radio Network. She has been quoted by BusinessWeek, CFO Magazine, Newsweek, USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, Workforce Magazine, the Atlanta Business Chronicle and regularly provides comment to online and print publications.
- Obtained an injunctive relief and return of share value in a federal court breach of contract and trade secret action brought on behalf of an international technology company against a former executive and competitor.
- Obtained a dismissal of a Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower case brought by the in house counsel and compliance officer against a telecommunications client.
- Defended a major financial institution in multimillion-dollar employee piracy and trade secret misappropriation cases in federal courts in Georgia and Virginia, and the Superior Court for Santa Clara County, California.
- In the past three years, conducted several internal investigations of alleged employment law violations, including investigations on behalf of a nationally known investment group, a large municipal government and a Fortune 20 company.
- Represented a telecommunications company in a dispute with a competitor, resulting in the imposition of significant restrictions upon the activities of the competitor’s newly-hired Chairman and CEO.
One hundred and forty-four Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. In addition, 17 Alston & Bird attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” by the publication.
August 15, 2013
In the Press
Twenty-one Alston & Bird practices have been listed in the 2013 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. These include Antitrust; Banking & Finance; Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Capital Markets: REITs; Construction; Corporate/M&A; Energy; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation; Environment; ERISA Litigation; Government: Government Relations; Health Care; Immigration; Intellectual Property; International Trade; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial, including White-Collar and Securities Litigation; Outsourcing; Privacy & Data Security; Real Estate; Tax.
May 24, 2013
In the Press