Marilyn Yager is a senior policy advisor in the Washington, D.C. office. She provides policy and political expertise on a variety of health care issues and assists clients in developing, designing and implementing their legislative and regulatory strategy.
Ms. Yager has over 30 years of senior management, policy and government experience in both the public and private sectors. Her public sector experience includes several roles in the executive branch, serving as both chief of staff to the White House chief of staff and deputy assistant to the president on health and budget in the Office of Public Liaison. She also served as professional staff on the Senate Labor and Human Resources Committee for Massachusetts Senator John Kerry and spent five years as a legislative aide in the House of Representatives.
Ms. Yager also has considerable experience in government affairs, having served as executive director of The Renal Leadership Council, director of health policy at Vanderbilt University Medical Center and director of federal relations for the Massachusetts Hospital Association.
An Iowa native, Ms. Yager began her career in the Cascade Mountains as a Volunteer in Service to America (VISTA)—the national public service program.
- Legislative and strategic advisor to two state hospital associations, several of the nation’s most innovative academic medical centers and acute and post-acute hospital systems, and to one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals.
- Legislative, regulatory and strategic advisor to three of the nation’s most leading edge provider associations, covering issues that range from nursing, children’s health, home health, hospital and physician fee issues.
- Advisor to a leading imaging and diagnostic company, an innovator biopharmaceutical firm, and the world’s largest dialysis provider and vision insurer.
- Strategic advisor to nation’s largest hospital-owned group purchasing organizations.
- Executive director of The Kenneth B. Schwartz Center, a Boston-based, national compassionate healthcare foundation.