Nathan Sinning is a senior associate in the firm's Los Angeles office, focusing his practice on construction law and complex commercial litigation. He represents public entities, owners, contractors, design professionals and subcontractors in all aspects of construction projects and construction disputes, including contract negotiations and claims for delay, acceleration, interference, defective construction, professional negligence and scope changes in connection with public and private projects involving infrastructure, commercial, industrial and residential works of improvement. Mr. Sinning also represents entities in complex commercial litigation matters, including claims for business torts, breach of contract, unfair competition, intellectual property disputes, fraud and insurance coverage disputes. He also represents government contractors in bid protests submitted to public agencies.
Mr. Sinning is a member of the American Bar Association's Construction Industry Forum, the Associated General Contractors of California's Legal Advisory Committee, the Construction Managers Association of America Student Outreach Committee and lectures on the topics of construction law.
- Achieved defense award on behalf of a public owner in connection with a two-week arbitration of a contractor's delay and disruption claim arising from the construction of an educational facility.
- Represented a construction manager in a complex litigation matter involving multiple construction projects, numerous parties and over $20 million in total claims related to a public works project.
- Represented a public entity in connection with a dispute with a general contractor, numerous sureties, a large financial institution and various construction trade unions involving approximately 30 construction contracts and over $10 million in total claims related to numerous public works projects.
- Represented a majority shareholder of a restaurant chain in litigation in connection with an eight-figure partnership dispute resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Represented a bank in connection with a loan repurchase breach of contract dispute against another bank resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Obtained the dismissal of a subcontractor claim and an award of attorneys' fees in favor of the general contractor in connection with a public works project.
- Represented a public entity in connection with a delay and disruption claim related to the construction of an educational facility asserted by a general contractor and an electrical contractor on a pass-through basis.
- Represented a supplier and installer in connection with a multimillion-dollar breach of contract and breach of warranty claim related to a large power plant modernization project.
- Represents and counsels a public owner on a day-to-day basis in connection with the prosecution and defense of construction related disputes related to its multibillion-dollar construction program.
- Lead counsel to contractors, design professionals and owners in over 20 successful mediations.