Ms. Baker is a senior associate in the firm’s Global Finance & Debt Products Group, concentrating her practice in commercial real estate and financing transactions. She represents institutional lenders and finance companies in a variety of secured and unsecured financial transactions with a focus on loan originations for capital markets and balance sheet lenders, loan workouts and restructurings, loan management and servicing (including in connection with CRE CDOs), , and the purchase and sale of commercial loan portfolios.
Ms. Baker received her J.D. in 2005 from the College of William & Mary, where she was an articles editor of the William & Mary Bill of Rights Journal and a recipient of the Legal Skills Award for excellence in legal writing and research. She received her B.A. and M.T. in 2002 from the University of Virginia.
- Represented a lender in connection with a $103 million mortgage loan to finance the acquisition of approximately 59 commercial marina-related properties and privately owned bay bottom located in Stock Island, Florida, to be aggregated and redeveloped into a mixed-use marina.
- Represented lender in connection with $29,000,000 construction loan secured by the leasehold interest in and municipal taxable development revenue bonds issued in connection with the development of a mixed use facility located in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Represented lender in connection with $5,600,000 mortgage loan and $7,800,000 mortgage loan each secured by a hotel located in Denver, Colorado and Houston, Texas, respectively, which mortgage loans were cross-defaulted and cross-collateralized subject to future release provisions.
- Represented lender in connection with $54,000,000 mortgage loan secured by a mobile home park located in Huntington Beach, California as well as mobile homes owned by Borrower by becoming the legal owner with the California Department of Housing and Community Development.
- Represented a lender in connection with a $21 million construction loan to finance the acquisition and development of property located in Nassau and Suffolk counties (New York).
- Represented a lender in connection with a $49 million mortgage loan to finance the acquisition or property located in Santa Clara, California, and subsequently represented the lender in connection with the subdivision of such property and multiple refinancings for the development of such property.
- Represented a special servicer in connection with the foreclosure of a $17 million mortgage loan held by a CRE CDO and secured by an apartment complex located in Maricopa County, Arizona.
- Represented a servicer in connection with the extension and the cross-default and cross-collateralization of related loans in the aggregate principal amount of $64 million held by various lenders, including CRE CDO participants.
- Represented a financial institution in the acquisition of a loan portfolio consisting of approximately 105 commercial loans including negotiating the purchase and sale agreement, due diligencing the loans and drafting all closing documents.