Steve Ensor is a partner and the leader of the firm’s Labor & Employment Group. Steve has represented employers for over 30 years in all areas of labor and employment law, including complex employment class and collective litigation and traditional labor union matters. Steve has also excelled in leading several client teams, and has been recognized by the firm’s clients for his exceptional client service, his aggressive approach to “win-win” alternative fee arrangements, and his integration of pro bono and community service into the firm-client relationship. As a result of his efforts, Steve has been consistently recognized as a top-tier lawyer in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Georgia Super Lawyers.
- Served as lead litigation counsel for one of the largest financial institutions in the country in its defense of a wage and hour collective action in which the plaintiff-class alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act and numerous California state wage and hour laws.
- Represented United Parcel Service, Inc., Aflac, Georgia Pacific Corporation, Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and others in dozens of jury and non-jury trials and arbitrations.
- Represented Georgia Pacific Corporation, Durango-Georgia Paper Company, Mebane Packaging Company, The Fox Theatre and others in dozens of union contract negotiations with the Teamsters, the Steelworkers, the IBEW, the IAM, PACE, the IATSE and others.
- Recognized for outstanding client service by American Corporate Counsel magazine’s “Who Represents America’s Biggest Companies? 2011 Report,” The National Law Journal, “Bond Between Big Brown and Alston & Bird Runs Deep,” and The Daily Report, “UPS Keeps Close Ties Between Its Atlanta Attorneys.”
One-hundred and sixty Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2017 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. The lawyers span the firm’s eight offices in the United States and represent more than 60 practice areas.
August 16, 2016
Alston & Bird has earned wide recognition in the 2016 edition of Chambers USA, the peer review directory of leading U.S. business lawyers.
May 27, 2016
Steve Ensor comments on how lawyers can demonstrate value, including helping clients minimize risk, meet business goals and control costs.
April 22, 2016
In the News
Eighty-two Alston & Bird attorneys have been named in the 2016 edition of “Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers.”
March 8, 2016
Steve Ensor is quoted on the new obligations and liabilities facing employers under last year’s National Labor Relations Board ruling that redefined the 30-year standard for determining joint-employer status.
January 4, 2016
In the News
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2004-2016
- Georgia Super Lawyers – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- State Bar of Georgia – 1986
- Georgia Chamber of Congress