Richard Hays is the managing partner of Alston & Bird. Previously, he served on the firm’s Management Committee as the financial partner and also chaired the Litigation & Trial Practice Group. Mr. Hays has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Hays received his A.B. from Harvard University in 1982, his M.Sc. in law from Edinburgh University in 1984 as a Rotary Scholar and his J.D. in 1986 from Vanderbilt School of Law, where he was an editor of the Vanderbilt Law Review.
One hundred and forty-four Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. In addition, 17 Alston & Bird attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” by the publication.
August 15, 2013
In the Press
On March 14, 2013, Managing Partner Richard Hays and Pro Bono Partner Mary Benton were on hand at Alston & Bird’s Washington, D.C. office to receive a Certificate of Appreciation from the U.S. Department of State for the firm’s pro bono efforts regarding the International Child Abduction Project. By the award, the U.S. Central Authority for the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction lauded Alston & Bird for its work in the department’s all-volunteer pro bono Hague Convention Attorney Network.
March 25, 2013
- Vanderbilt Law School Alumni Council, Advisory Board
- Harvard Club of Georgia
- United Way, Alexis de Tocqueville Society
- Best Lawyers in America, Advisory Board
- Pro Bono Institute, Law Firm Advisory Committee
- Board of Directors, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce (Executive Committee)
- Board of Directors, Commerce Club (Executive Committee)
- Board of Directors, Midtown Alliance (Executive Committee)
- Former Board of Directors, Shakespeare Festival
- Former Board of Directors, Leadership Atlanta