Bob Edge is recognized by many as the dean of estate planning attorneys in Georgia. He led the firm's Wealth Planning for over 25 years. He has been included in The Best Lawyers in America since its inception, is named among Georgia Trend's Legal Elite, is listed in Super Lawyers magazine, is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Lawyers and has been chairman of the State Bar's Fiduciary Section, as well as president of both the Atlanta Estate Planning Council and the Georgia Federal Tax Conference. In the 2010 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, he is named the “Atlanta Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year.” He has served as chairman of the Partners' Committee at Alston & Bird.
Mr. Edge attended the University of Georgia, where he was valedictorian, Oxford University, as a Rhodes Scholar, and Yale Law School. His professional life has been complemented by service as president of the Association of American Rhodes Scholars, a director of The Carter Center, a managing director of The Metropolitan Opera Association (NY), chairman of the University of Georgia Foundation and president of the Atlanta Music Festival Association.
- Estate planning counsel to a large number of Atlanta's top business leaders and CEOs, including many whose business representation is handled elsewhere.
- Assisting the trust departments of Atlanta's leading banks, as well as individual executors, in the administration of some of the city's most complicated and largest estate administrations.
- Advised a number of Georgia's wealthiest families in estate planning matters and is well known for identifying dispositional plans that are likely to affect family relationships negatively.
One hundred and forty-four Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. In addition, 17 Alston & Bird attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” by the publication.
August 15, 2013
In the Press
One hundred and forty-seven Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2013 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The publication is universally regarded as among the few definitive guides to legal excellence, and its rankings are based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which more than 36,000 leading attorneys cast almost 4.4 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas.
September 18, 2012
In the Press
- Chairman of The Charles Loridans Foundation
- Past Chairman of The Spivey Foundation and has been intensely involved in the arts life of Atlanta for over 30 years