Scott Brown serves as counsel in the firm’s Global Finance & Debt Products Group. His practice focuses on representing borrowers and lenders in a variety of transactions, including structured finance, syndicated credit facilities, secured credit facilities and acquisition facilities.
Prior to joining Alston & Bird, Mr. Brown practiced in Detroit. He received his J.D. from the University of Michigan School of Law, where he served as the managing editor of the Michigan Journal of Race & Law. He received B.A. degrees in economics and Russian studies from the University of California, Davis. Mr. Brown is a member of the State Bars of Georgia and Michigan.
- Counsel to the administrative agent in the documentation and negotiation of a $1.5 billion acquisition facility provided to one of the nation’s largest REITs.
- Counsel to an international, upscale fashion designer and retailer in the negotiation of a $200 million asset-based loan facility.
- Counsel to the administrative agent in the documentation and negotiation of a $345 million secured acquisition facility for an airline.
- Counsel to the administrative agent in the documentation and negotiation of a $309 million letter of credit facility for one of the nation’s largest hospital systems.
- Counsel to a market-leading online travel agency in the negotiation of an $800 million bridge loan in connection with the acquisition of a European online travel agency.