Shri Abhyankar is a member of the firm's Intellectual Property Litigation Group. Mr. Abhyankar's practice focuses on all areas of intellectual property litigation and counseling, with a particular emphasis on patent litigation and enforcement. He represents clients in patent infringement lawsuits in federal district courts across the United States, as well as the International Trade Commission. He is a member of the Georgia Bar and is registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Mr. Abhyankar received his J.D., cum laude, in 2007 from the Georgia State University School of Law, where he served as associate editor of the Georgia State Law Review. Mr. Abhyankar earned his B.S. in neuroscience and behavioral biology in 2003 from Emory University.
Mr. Abhyankar is also active in the Atlanta community, including as a founding board member of Buckhead Charities Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization that benefits local charities across the city of Atlanta.
- Ronald A. Katz Technology Licensing, L.P. v. Time Warner Cable Inc. et al., Civil Action 1:06-CV-00546-GMS; District of Delaware; and In re Katz Interactive Call Processing Patent Litigation, Civil Action 2:07-ML-01816-RGK-FFM; Central District of California; represents several defendants in multi-district patent litigation.
- WIAV Solutions, LLC v. Motorola, et al., Civil Action No. 3:09-cv-447; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia; represents Nokia in defense of patent infringement claims of five patents relating to speech coding and GSM technology.
- Water Visions International v. Kenneth Hughes, Civil Action No. 1:08 cv 02169; United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia; obtained dismissal of claims against an inventor for infringement of a patent covering fluid filtration methods.
- e2Interactive, Inc. et al. v. Blackhawk Network, Inc., Civil Action No. 09-cv-629; United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin; represents the plaintiff in a patent infringement lawsuit over stored value products.
- In the Matter of Certain Muzzle-Loading Firearms and Components Thereof, CBI 11-276 (International Trade Commission); represents Blackpowder Products, Inc. and related respondents in a proposed ITC Section 337 investigation involving muzzle-loaded hunting rifles.
- EMG Technology LLC v. Apple, Inc., et al., Civil Action No. 6:08-cv-447; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas; represented UPS in defense of a patent infringement lawsuit involving methods for navigating Internet content on mobile devices.
- EMG Technology LLC v. Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Inc., et al., Civil Action No. 6:10-cv-536; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas; represented Aflac in defense of a patent infringement lawsuit involving methods for navigating internet content on mobile devices.
- EMG Technology LLC v. Radio Shack Corp., et al., Civil Action No. 6:11-cv-488; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas; represents SunTrust in defense of a patent infringement lawsuit involving methods for navigating internet content on mobile devices.
"Recent Developments in Patent Law and the Potential Impact on Patent Litigation," in Patent Litigation 2009, at 249, 282 (PLI Patents, Copyrights, and Literary Property Course, Handbook Series No. 982, 2009).
"Dude, Where's My Wine? The Potential Effect of Granholm v. Heald on Georgia Direct Wine Shipment Regulations," 23 Georgia State Law Review 631, 2007.