Steven Campbell is a senior associate in the firm’s Litigation and Trial Practice Group. He routinely negotiates design and construction agreements and advises government contractors on the negotiation of and compliance with government contracts. Steven has substantial experience in representing government contractors facing government investigations and procurement protests before federal, state and municipal bodies.
Steven received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Tennessee, where he served as editor of the Tennessee Law Review. While in law school, he held a judicial externship with the Knoxville Criminal Court and served as a student attorney in the UT Legal Clinic. Steven received his B.A., cum laude, in 2004 from Millsaps College, where he majored in philosophy and religious studies.
- Successfully defended a major information technology company’s award of three contracts totaling $20 million in a state bid protest action before the Florida Division of Administrative Hearings.
- Obtained dismissal of a deceptive trade practices claim on behalf of a global materials supplier.
- Successfully represented a Canadian controls engineer in arbitration in Bilbao, Spain, under the rules of the Bilbao Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Shipping in a breach of contract dispute with a Spanish general contractor.
- Obtained full recovery for the owner, plus attorneys’ fees, in a breach of contract action against a general contractor concerning a retail development in Warner Robins, Georgia.
- Represented a national builder in a class action lawsuit concerning water intrusion damages at a condominium complex in South Carolina.
- Represented a contractor in a $60 million claim arising from a commercial construction project in Mississippi.
- Represented a U.S. energy company in multijurisdictional litigation involving $968 million in alleged cost overruns and delay damages on a nuclear power project in the United States.
- Represented a leading construction equipment supplier in the protest of a Virginia Department of Transportation award of a $25 million contract, resulting in a reversal of the original award and a new award of the contract to the client.
- Successfully defended a breach of contract action and recovered attorney's fees and costs for a client in the DeKalb County Superior Court.
- Represented a national health insurer/administrator in litigation concerning the procurement of a multibillion-dollar set of state employee health benefits contracts.
- Represented a major defense contractor in subpoenas for documents arising out of IT services and products subcontracts.
- Counsel to a protestor before the Government Accountability Office regarding the award of a multimillion-dollar land acquisition and development contract by the General Services Administration, resulting in the award being overturned and solicitation reissued.
- Represented a contractor in a voluntary disclosure and subsequent Inspector General investigation.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in claims arising from a multimillion-dollar office space renovation project in Ft. Worth, Texas.
- Counsel to a Nasdaq company in federal government investigations regarding a contractor’s compliance with procurement regulations.
- Represented a U.S.-based independent power producer in the negotiation of a $1.6 billion engineer/procure/construct (EPC) and related contracts for AQCS facilities at three coal-fired electric power plants in Maryland.
- Represented a U.S. energy company in the negotiation of an EPC contract for a $12 billion nuclear power project in the United States.
- Representing owner in the negotiation of design and construction contracts for a hotel project in Nashville.
- Frequently advises clients on compliance with domestic source requirements under the Buy American Act, Trade Agreements Act, ARRA and federally-funded transportation grant programs.