Tara Eliza Castillo is a senior associate in the Global Finance & Debt Products Group, concentrating her practice on securities transactions, complex structured finance and securitization transactions, as well as securities compliance and regulatory matters for financial institutions, corporations and credit rating agencies. She has also represented issuers and originators in connection with various secured and unsecured financing transactions.
Recently, Tara has counseled clients with respect to the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the SEC’s proposal for sweeping changes to Regulation AB (Reg AB II), which governs registered offerings of asset-backed securities.
- Counsel to a major nationally recognized statistical rating organization, advising on legal compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Counsel to a U.S. finance subsidiary of a global automobile manufacturer in connection with its issuance of medium-term notes in the United States and Europe.
- Counsel to a U.S. finance subsidiary of a global automobile manufacturer as issuer under a public automobile loan securitization program.
- Counsel to a U.S. finance subsidiary of a global automobile manufacturer in the conversion and merger of its securitization depositor from a California corporation to a Delaware limited liability company.
- Counsel to guarantors in connection with state-certified capital finance company transactions.
- Counsel to first trade receivables financing for a European client.
- Counsel to several major financial services providers in connection with repurchase agreements with national banks.
- Counsel to an issuer in an equity offering of over $200 million.
- Counsel to an issuer in a hybrid debt offering of over $160 million.
- Counsel to an investment vehicle in connection with investment in a minority-owned financial institution.
- Counsel to a financial institution in connection with its conversion from mutual form to stock form.
- Counsel to the U.S. finance subsidiary of a global automobile manufacturer in the renewal of its multibillion dollar securities shelf registration with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represents a leading insurance premium finance lender as seller-servicer in a precedent-setting securitization refinancing of life insurance premium finance loans.
- Advises corporations and financial institutions on the potential impact of proposed rulemakings under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Advises clients on accounting issues and securities compliance issues related to transitioning from U.S. GAAP to International Financial Reporting Standards.
Tara Castillo is a senior associate in Alston & Bird’s Global Finance & Debt Products Group who concentrates her practice on securities transactions, complex structured finance and securitization transactions, as well as securities compliance and regulatory matters for financial institutions, corporations and credit rating agencies. She regularly counsels clients regarding the SEC’s proposal for sweeping changes to Regulation AB (Reg AB II), which governs registered offerings of asset-backed securities.
September 25, 2012
“The SEC’s New ‘Short Form’ Criteria,” Securities Law360, August 16, 2011.
August 16, 2011
June 27, 2011
"Expecting SEC Rules on 3rd-Party Due Diligence Reports," Securities Law360, June 14, 2011.
June 14, 2011
"FDIC Rule For Securitizations Gets Mixed Reaction," Law360, October 29, 2010.
October 29, 2010
"New U.S. Registration Requirements for Foreign Boards of Trade Under Dodd-Frank Act," BNA International, World Securities Law Report, Volume 16, Number 9, September 2010.
"Financial Reform 101: Securitization," Securities Law360, August 2, 2010.
August 2, 2010
"CFTC Clarifies Extent to Which Investors May Trade in Foreign Security Futures," BNA International World Securities Law Report, July 2010
"Accounting Standards During the Subprime Crisis," Law360, September 2008.
"Conflicting Beats; Proposing the Adoption of an Additional Obligation Within the WTO TRIPS Agreement Under Article 14 Which Recognizes Digital Sampling and Digital Sample Infringement," Texas Review of Entertainment & Sports Law, Vol. 8, No. 1, Fall 2006.
- American Securitization Forum
- Member of the Latina/o Alumni Association of the Washington College of Law and former member of the board.