Ted Hollifield specializes in corporate and securities law with an emphasis on public equity and debt offerings, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions and general representation of emerging growth companies. His clients include established public corporations and private, venture-backed companies, and he has substantial experience representing clients in the telecommunications, electronic design automation (EDA), semiconductor, Internet and software industries. Ted also counsels boards of directors, CEOs and executive management on equity compensation, corporate governance, Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other regulatory and disclosure matters.
Ted has successfully completed numerous venture capital and other private placements, as well as several public offerings and secondary public offerings. He has also consummated multiple negotiated acquisitions and dispositions, including stock and asset purchases and mergers.
Venture Capital / Private Equity
- Represented a telecommunications service provider in a $24 million Series C financing.
- Represented the venture capital investors in a $20 million, final pre-IPO round of financing in a biopharmaceutical drug delivery company.
- Represented an EDA software company in multiple rounds of venture funding that raised $34.5 million in equity capital and secured debt.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented the acquirer in the purchase of a controlling interest in the spin out of an international thin client computing company.
- Represented the acquirer in the purchase of telecommunications assets in a Section 363 bankruptcy reorganization.
- Represented the seller in the proposed sale of intellectual property assets covering EDA design methodologies.
- Represented a WKSI issuer in a $200 million public offering of common stock under the new (December 2005) Securities Reform Act rules.
- Represented a public ophthalmic products company in the private issuance (PIPE) and subsequent registration of common stock and warrants to institutional life sciences investors.
- Represented an Internet networking equipment company in its $87 million, Goldman Sachs-led Initial Public Offering (IPO).
Ted Hollifield, partner in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities Group, was quoted in a Law360 article that discussed ways buyers in a merger or acquisition can assess the legal liabilities of their acquisition targets.
May 13, 2013
In the Press
Ted Hollifield was quoted in an article on Bloomberg discussing how the underwriters in the Facebook IPO agreed to a multi-step, shorter-duration lockup than is typical in most IPOs.
August 23, 2012
In the Press