Teri McMahon is the former chair of the firm’s Partners’ Committee and past leader of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Quality Team. She emphasizes mergers and acquisitions, private equity representation, corporate finance, leveraged buyouts, roll-up transactions and general corporate law in her practice. Her sector experience includes staffing, consulting, insurance, manufacturing and distribution, minerals and mining, and electrical components businesses. Teri also frequently represents international companies in strategic U.S. acquisitions.
Teri was named “Atlanta Lawyer of the Year” in securities/capital markets law by Best Lawyers for 2016 and has been included for many years in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers magazine for her corporate, private equity and mergers and acquisitions experience. She was also named in 2016 as an “MVP” in the BTI Transactions All-Star Team in a survey of key M&A decision makers at large and Fortune 1000 organizations. Teri has been described as a lawyer who is “practical” and “incredibly effective and responsive” and has an “ability to adapt her style to meet the needs of the case.”
- Counsel to a variety of companies involved in acquisition or roll-up strategies.
- Counsel in the acquisition and subsequent sale of a leading distributor and processor of fresh produce and dairy products in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
- Special counsel to executive management shareholders in change of control and going-private transactions.
- Counsel to the equity holders, including an Atlanta-based private equity firm, in the investment and subsequent sale of a supplier of packaging machinery and material handling equipment.
- Counsel to a provider of custom design-build audio visual integration services and digital multimedia technology.
- Counsel in the acquisition and subsequent sale of a global supply-chain management company specializing in the procurement and distribution of metal components and subassemblies.
- Counsel in an investment and subsequent divestiture in a value-added, specialty distributor of industrial, commercial and passenger vehicle lubricants, fuel and ancillary products and services.
- Counsel to the equity holders in the sale of a provider of outsourced human resources and specialty-branded temporary staffing services in the United States.
- Counsel to Beecher Carlson Holdings, Inc., a national insurance and risk management brokerage company, from company formation to sale over a nine-year period, including its $360 million sale to Brown & Brown, Inc.
- Counsel to several staffing services companies in multiple strategic acquisitions.
- Counsel to a Canadian public company in several U.S. and international-based acquisitions.
Hill Jeffries and Teri McMahon, recently named BTI “Client Service All-Stars,” are quoted on what it takes to deliver superior client service.
February 7, 2016
In the News
One hundred and fifty-three Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2016 edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. The lawyers span the firm’s eight U.S. offices and represent more than 60 practice areas.
August 17, 2015
Alston & Bird has earned broad recognition in the 2015 edition of Chambers USA, the peer review directory of leading U.S. business lawyers.
May 20, 2015
Seven Alston & Bird lawyers have been named “Client Service All-Stars” in the 2015 edition of BTI Consulting Group’s (BTI) annual survey of the nation’s top lawyers identified by corporate counsel as the best at serving clients. No other firm had more attorneys named to this prestigious roster.
February 11, 2015
Teri Lynn McMahon, partner and leader of Alston & Bird’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Quality Team, was noted for being named a “Client Service All-Star” by BTI Consulting in its 2015 survey of corporate general counsel identifying the most client service savvy lawyers.
February 10, 2015
In the News
Eighty-one Alston & Bird attorneys have been named “Georgia’s Top Rated Lawyers.”
February 9, 2015
In the News
One hundred and forty-seven Alston & Bird lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2015 edition of The Best Lawyers In America. The lawyers span the firm’s eight U.S. offices and represent more than 60 different practice areas.
August 19, 2014
Representation and warranty insurance (RWI) protects the insured against breaches of a seller’s reps and warranties contained in an acquisition or merger agreement.
December 17, 2015
Our Privacy & Data Security Group highlights some of the top new privacy and cybersecurity developments that impact cloud vendor relationships in the U.S., EU, Israel, Dubai and beyond.
December 8, 2015
"Influenza in the Debt Capital Markets," Atlanta Business Magazine, October 2007.
- Atlanta Bar Association Business & Finance Section board, 2003-2009
- Association for Corporate Growth, Atlanta board, 2008-2011