Teri McMahon is the former chair of the firm’s Partners’ Committee and past leader of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Quality Team. She emphasizes mergers and acquisitions, private equity representation, corporate finance, leveraged buyouts, roll-up transactions and general corporate law in her practice. Her sector experience includes staffing, consulting, insurance, manufacturing and distribution, minerals and mining, and electrical components businesses. Teri also frequently represents international companies in strategic U.S. acquisitions.
Teri was named “Atlanta Lawyer of the Year” in securities law/capital markets law by Best Lawyers for 2016 and has been included for many years in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers magazine for her corporate, private equity and mergers and acquisitions experience. She was also named to the BTI Transactions All-Star Team in a survey of key M&A decision makers at large and Fortune 1000 organizations. Teri has been described as a lawyer who is “practical” and “incredibly effective and responsive” and has an “ability to adapt her style to meet the needs of the case.”
Reflecting the diversity of her client base, Teri’s range of clients includes one of the largest private equity funds in the Southeast as well as the U.S. performance and specialty minerals operations of a French public company.
- Counsel to a variety of companies involved in acquisition or roll-up strategies.
- Counsel to Beecher Carlson Holdings, Inc., a national insurance and risk management brokerage company, from company formation to sale over a nine-year period, including its 2013 $360 million sale to Brown & Brown, Inc.
- Counsel to the equity holders, including an Atlanta-based private equity firm, in the sale of a supplier of packaging machinery and material handling equipment.
- Counsel to the buyers in the acquisition of a provider of custom design-build audio visual integration services and digital multimedia technology.
- Buyers’ counsel in the acquisition of a global supply-chain management company specializing in the procurement and distribution of metal components and subassemblies.
- Counsel to the buyers in an investment in a value-added, specialty distributor of industrial, commercial and passenger vehicle lubricants, fuel and ancillary products and services.
- Counsel to the equity holders in the sale of a provider of outsourced human resources and specialty-branded temporary staffing services in the United States.
- Special counsel to executive management shareholders in change of control and going-private transactions.
- Counsel to a staffing services company in multiple strategic acquisitions.
- Counsel to a Canadian public company in several U.S. and international-based acquisitions.
One hundred and forty-seven Alston & Bird lawyers have been selected by their peers for inclusion in the 2015 edition of The Best Lawyers In America. The lawyers span the firm’s eight U.S. offices and represent more than 60 different practice areas.
August 19, 2014
Attorneys from the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities Group successfully represented client Ultrafryer Systems®, a leading producer of commercial deep fryers for restaurant and commercial installations, and its shareholders in the sale of the San Antonio-based company to Standex International Corporation (NYSE: SXI).
June 25, 2014
In the News
Twenty-one Alston & Bird practices have been listed in the 2014 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. These include Antitrust; Banking & Finance; Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Construction; Corporate/M&A; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation; Energy; Environment; ERISA Litigation; Government: Government Relations; Healthcare; Immigration; Intellectual Property; International Trade; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial, including White-Collar and Securities Litigation; Outsourcing; Privacy & Data Security; Real Estate; REITs; and Tax.
May 23, 2014
In the News
Attorneys from the firm’s Corporate Transactions and Tax Groups successfully represented client GaiaTech Holdings, Inc., a leading provider of environmental and engineering services and portfolio company of MSouth Equity Partners, L.P., in GaiaTech’s merger with RSP Group Acquisition, Inc., a subsidiary of RPS Group, Inc.
May 15, 2014
In the News
March 5, 2014
In the News
"Influenza in the Debt Capital Markets," Atlanta Business Magazine, October 2007.
- Atlanta Bar Association Business & Finance Section board, 2003-2009
- Association for Corporate Growth, Atlanta board, 2008-2011