Teri McMahon recently completed an eight-year term as leader of the firm's Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Quality Team and currently serves on the firm's Partners’ Committee. She emphasizes mergers and acquisitions, private equity representation, corporate finance, leveraged buyouts, roll-up transactions and general corporate law in her practice. Her sector experience includes staffing, consulting, insurance, manufacturing and distribution, minerals and mining, and electrical components businesses. Teri also frequently represents international companies in strategic U.S. acquisitions.
Teri has been included for many years in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers magazine for her corporate and mergers and acquisitions expertise. She was also named to the BTI Transactions All-Star Team in a survey of key M&A decision-makers at large and Fortune 1000 organizations.
Teri frequently speaks at legal and business seminars on deal negotiations and other topics involving mergers and acquisitions, and she has served on the Atlanta Bar business section board, as well as the Atlanta board of the Association for Corporate Growth. Teri has been described as a lawyer who is “incredibly effective and responsive” and with an “ability to adapt her style to meet the needs of the case.”
Reflecting the diversity of her client base, Teri’s range of clients includes one of the largest private equity funds in the Southeast, as well as the U.S. performance and specialty minerals operations of a French public company.
- Counsel to one of the largest private equity funds in the Southeast.
- Counsel to U.S. subsidiaries of a French public company focused on performance and specialty minerals.
- Counsel to a variety of companies involved in acquisition or roll-up strategies.
- Counsel to Beecher Carlson Holdings, Inc., a national insurance and risk management brokerage company, from company formation to sale over a nine year period, including its 2013 $360 million sale to Brown & Brown, Inc.
- Counsel to the equityholders, including MSouth Equity Partners, an Atlanta-based private equity firm, in the sale of a supplier of packaging machinery and material handling equipment.
- Counsel to MSouth Equity Partners in the acquisition of Technical Innovation, a provider of custom design-build audio visual integration services and digital multimedia technology.
- Counsel to MSouth Equity Partners in the acquisition of Eagle Quest International, a global supply-chain management company specializing in the procurement and distribution of metal components and sub-assemblies.
- Counsel to MSouth Equity Partners in its investment in PetroLiance, a value-added, specialty distributor of industrial, commercial and passenger vehicle lubricants, fuel and ancillary products and services.
- Counsel to the equityholders, including MSouth Equity Partners, in the sale of EmployBridge Holding Company, a provider of outsourced human resource and specialty-branded temporary staffing services in the United States.
- Special counsel to executive management shareholders in change of control and going-private transactions.
- Counsel to a staffing services company in multiple strategic acquisitions.
- Counsel to Canadian public company in several U.S. and international-based acquisitions.
Alston & Bird advised Ambulatory Services of America, a Nashville-based diversified health care services company that provides dialysis services and radiation oncology services, in connection with its sale to U.S. Renal Care, a Texas-based dialysis provider.
August 20, 2013
In the Press
One hundred and forty-four Alston & Bird attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. In addition, 17 Alston & Bird attorneys were named “Lawyer of the Year” by the publication.
August 15, 2013
In the Press
Attorneys from the firm’s Corporate Transactions, Tax, Executive Compensation and ERISA Groups successfully represented client Beecher Carlson Holdings, Inc., in what has been called the largest insurance brokerage deal of the year, with the sale of the Atlanta-based company to Brown & Brown, Inc., for $360 million.
July 1, 2013
In the Press
Twenty-one Alston & Bird practices have been listed in the 2013 Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. These include Antitrust; Banking & Finance; Bankruptcy/Restructuring; Capital Markets: REITs; Construction; Corporate/M&A; Energy; Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation; Environment; ERISA Litigation; Government: Government Relations; Health Care; Immigration; Intellectual Property; International Trade; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial, including White-Collar and Securities Litigation; Outsourcing; Privacy & Data Security; Real Estate; Tax.
May 24, 2013
In the Press
Attorneys from the firm’s Corporate Transactions, Tax, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation and International Trade Groups successfully represented Fischbein LLC—a leading global supplier of packaging machinery equipment owned by management, outside investors and private equity firm MSouth Equity Partners—in connection with its sale to Odyssey Investment Partners and members of management.
May 1, 2013
In the Press