Teri McMahon is the former chair of the firm’s Partners’ Committee and past leader of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Quality Team. She emphasizes mergers and acquisitions, private equity representation, corporate finance, leveraged buyouts, roll-up transactions and general corporate law in her practice. Her sector experience includes staffing, consulting, insurance, manufacturing and distribution, minerals and mining, and electrical components businesses. Teri also frequently represents international companies in strategic U.S. acquisitions.
Teri was named “Atlanta Lawyer of the Year” in securities/capital markets law by Best Lawyers for 2016 and has been included for many years in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America© and Super Lawyers magazine for her corporate, private equity and mergers and acquisitions experience. She was also named in 2016 as an “MVP” in the BTI Transactions All-Star Team in a survey of key M&A decision makers at large and Fortune 1000 organizations. Teri has been described as a lawyer who is “practical” and “incredibly effective and responsive” and has an “ability to adapt her style to meet the needs of the case.”
- Counsel to a variety of companies involved in acquisition or roll-up strategies.
- Counsel in the acquisition and subsequent sale of a leading distributor and processor of fresh produce and dairy products in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
- Special counsel to executive management shareholders in change of control and going-private transactions.
- Counsel to the equity holders, including an Atlanta-based private equity firm, in the investment and subsequent sale of a supplier of packaging machinery and material handling equipment.
- Counsel to a provider of custom design-build audio visual integration services and digital multimedia technology.
- Counsel in the acquisition and subsequent sale of a global supply-chain management company specializing in the procurement and distribution of metal components and subassemblies.
- Counsel in an investment and subsequent divestiture in a value-added, specialty distributor of industrial, commercial and passenger vehicle lubricants, fuel and ancillary products and services.
- Counsel to the equity holders in the sale of a provider of outsourced human resources and specialty-branded temporary staffing services in the United States.
- Counsel to Beecher Carlson Holdings, Inc., a national insurance and risk management brokerage company, from company formation to sale over a nine-year period, including its $360 million sale to Brown & Brown, Inc.
- Counsel to several staffing services companies in multiple strategic acquisitions.
- Counsel to a Canadian public company in several U.S. and international-based acquisitions.
- Atlanta Bar Association Business & Finance Section board, 2003-2009
- Association for Corporate Growth, Atlanta board, 2008-2011