John Hickman presented, "Health Care Reform Update," November 18, 9:30am to 10:30am, during this annual conference sponsored by Advanced Employee Issues Symposium (AEIS). The presentation was a review of the legislative and regulatory developments since the enactment of the Affordable Care Act, and how the new law impacts current employer-sponsored health plans. An update was given on the latest regulatory guidance and the court challenges to the reform law and how they could alter preparations to comply with the law. In addition, the following topics were covered.
- Top compliance issues under the Affordable Care Act and how to minimize exposure
- In light of the “pay or play” requirement, does it ever make sense to terminate employer provided health coverage?
- New financial incentives for small employers to launch workplace wellness programs
- New exclusions to OTC reimbursement rules for HRAs and FSAs
- New reporting rules for an employee’s W-2 form
- The answer to “do we really want to remain grandfathered?”
- New penalty increases for nonqualified distributions from a HSA
- New SIMPLE cafeteria plans for small employers
- Latest developments in the courts, where the Affordable Care’s constitutionality is under attack
- What employers should to do prepare for the new law’s provision despite the court challenges
November 17-18, 2011
Paris Hotel / Las Vegas, NV