Frank Hirsh presented, "A Focus on Detecting Fraud in Mortgage Servicing: How Can Your Company or Client Minimize Costs and Resources While Still Crafting an Effective Fraud Prevention Program?" during this conference sponsored by the American Conference Institute (ACI). The following topics were addressed during his presentation.
- An examination of fraud in the back end of the mortgage market: what you now need to know
- Cost/benefit analysis: things to take into consideration when conducting internal investigations
- Detecting fraud in the organizations: whose responsibility is this?
- Annual on-site review of loan files and servicer reports: whose responsibility is this?
- Determining whether investigations can be outsourced
- Preventing identity theft when outsourcing
- Uncovering complex fraud schemes when there are multiple players involved
- Contingency plans for servicer failures
- The Risk of False Claims Act Liability for Services Handling HAMP Loan Modifications
- The evolving common law of servicing fee practices evident in the FTC/Countrywide settlement
- Servicing related fee mark ups and clear disclosures of affiliated providers for default-related task providers
October 28-29, 2010
Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf / San Francisco, CA