Bruce Pasfield presented, "What's New in the Internal Investigation World?" 11:15am - 12:45pm, during this course of study program sponsored by American Law Institute - American Bar Association (ALI ABA). The presentation addressed the following.
- What "type" of internal investigation is it? Is the government already "Knocking at the Door", or not? Who's the real client - the General Counsel? The CEO? The Board of Directors? The Audit Committee?
- New SEC reporting in the environmental case
- Cooperation (or not) and the Principles of Federal Prosecution of Business Organizations
- Employee Corporate Miranda warnings (Upjohn) and indemnifications/joint defense agreements
- E-Discovery: Controlling costs and controlling risks in an era of exploding electronic information
This ALI-ABA program provided analysis of how cases are brought and offered insights on how lawyers, whether in firms or corporate legal departments, can best serve their clients at various stages of proceedings, from internal investigation to trial to post-trial. It helped lawyers better respond to environmental criminal investigations and prosecutions; communicate with their clients, including corporate officers and the board of directors; and negotiate and resolve matters with the government.
September 23, 2010
8:45am - 5:00pm
575 7th Street, NW / Washington, D.C.