Intellectual Property law and procedure today impacts businesses operating in all industries. This seminar was designed to provide up-to-date information regarding some of the hottest topics facing intellectual property owners. Alston & Bird attorneys were joined by several business and legal professionals for added perspective on current and future IP issues facing businesses in the U.S. and abroad.
Who Should Attend?
Legal, marketing and technology professionals should attend this seminar. Some of the sessions will presume that attendees have a basic understanding of intellectual property laws and will provide more advanced information.
Marriott City Center, Charlotte, NC
- Lunch Buffet
- Welcome Introduction
Michael D. McCoy and Martin J. Elgison - Alston & Bird LLP
- Update on Proposed Patent Reform Legislation: Is This the Year?
Bruce J. Rose, Thomas J. Parker and Paul G. Martino - Alston & Bird LLP
- Supreme Court and Federal Circuit Update: Looking beyond KSR
David M. Maxwell - Alston & Bird LLP
- The Patent Troll Dilemma: What Lurks Beneath
William H. Baker - Alston & Bird LLP
- Protecting IP in China: Update on Current Issues and Software Registration
Jason P. Cooper and David S. Teske - Alston & Bird LLP
- In Depth: In re Seagate Technologies LLC
- Cocktail Reception & Dinner
October 4, 2007
Charlotte Marriott Center City, Charlotte, North Carolina