Jim Harvey Co-Chaired Hunton & Williams’ Global Technology, Outsourcing and Privacy Group
Alston & Bird has expanded its outsourcing and privacy practices with the addition of Jim Harvey, who is recognized as one of the United States’ leading attorneys in technology issues and transactions. His practice revolves around enterprisewide sourcing transactions and data privacy and security.
Jim has been consistently recognized as one of America's leading lawyers in business process outsourcing by Chambers USA, which has lauded his "amazing creativity" in his approach to the structuring of agreements. In the sourcing component of his practice, Jim led two of the five largest HR outsourcing transactions worldwide in the past 18 months and has worked on at least several billion dollars worth of sourcing transactions during his career. His transactional practice is enhanced by years of strategic counseling in privacy and security matters, particularly matters involving global data transfer and response to network intrusions. He represents a diverse array of customers and suppliers in the technology space and a number of Fortune 100 companies.
“Jim's tenure in the technology and privacy space is remarkable, and a roster of his clients reflects his unique value-add to their enterprises," noted Richard R. Hays, managing partner of Alston & Bird. “Beyond his outsourcing practice, Jim will work with our lawyers and clients across the firm on a myriad of strategic, technology-related engagements, such as data breach response and cyber-investigations, on-line and off-line data usage, cross-border data transfer and cloud computing, to name a few. We are delighted to have him back at Alston & Bird.”
About Jim Harvey
- One of the “Best Lawyers in America” for Information, Technology Law, as published in Best Lawyers in America, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 editions.
- Ranked as one of America’s leading lawyers by Chambers USA for Business Process, Outsourcing since 2005.
- 2006-2011, Partner and co-chair of Global Technology Outsourcing and Privacy Group, Hunton & Williams.
- 1999-2006, Partner, Alston & Bird LLP.
- J.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, with honors, 1988.
- B.A., University of Arkansas, Phi Beta Kappa, 1983.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Atlanta International School.