Alston & Bird M&A attorneys have extensive experience advising clients engaged in a full range of domestic and cross-border public and private transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, leveraged buyouts, going-private transactions, strategic alliances and joint ventures. We have developed significant industry-specific knowledge in many cutting-edge industries, including:
- consumer products and services;
- financial services;
- health care;
- insurance; and
- technology and telecommunications
Our M&A practice is consistently among the most active in the nation.
- Ranked #21 under the category of “Top U.S. Advisors” based on U.S. announced deals, ranked by transaction value. (Factset, 2012).
- Ranked #13 in the category of “Legal Advisors to U.S. (South) M&A,” based on deal value (MergerMarket, 2012).
- Ranked #5 under the category of “2012 Banker Representation” in its year end issue (Corporate Control Alert, 2012).
Bringing Value to Our Clients
We operate based on two fundamental principles: first, that a client hires us to be facilitators, not roadblocks; and second, that we are there to protect the value of our client’s deal. We focus on our client’s business and long-term objectives and ascertain the elements of value in the deal for our client. We take a fully integrated approach to assessing the risks that affect value, negotiate to minimize those risks and structure the transaction so that the objectives are accomplished.