Alston & Bird’s international litigation experience reaches from Austria to the People’s Republic of China—and beyond. The attorneys in our international litigation group have the skills, experience and contacts to assist clients with any adversarial matter, anywhere in the world. Frequently, we help our clients avoid litigation by carefully identifying and crafting pre-litigation preparation strategies or conducting risk-management assessments and regulatory compliance reviews. Our international litigation and arbitration experience includes complex U.S. and international cases, many of which present novel issues of U.S. and international law, such as:
- Hague Service Convention, Hague Discovery Convention and letters rogatory procedures;
- Fed. R. Civ. P. 4(k)(2) personal jurisdiction issues;
- navigating U.S. discovery burdens for non-U.S. clients whose documents and electronic data are subject to data privacy acts;
- U.S. regulatory investigations of non-U.S. clients;
- 28 U.S.C. 1782 discovery of U.S. information in aid of foreign litigation or arbitration;
- the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act;
- the Alien Tort Claims Act;
- Political Question and Act of State Doctrines;
- forum non conveniens; and
- pending parallel litigations in the United States and abroad, including anti-suit injunctions.
Members of our International Litigation Group have been recognized as leaders in the litigation arena, with many recognized by Super Lawyers or Chambers.
Bringing Value to Our Clients
The attorneys in Alston & Bird’s International Litigation Group enjoy working with our clients to resolve matters with international implications. International litigation often poses unusual cross-cultural challenges that lie outside the experience base of many law firms. Our attorneys are genuinely experienced in international matters and have strong relationships with a number of the best law firms in the world. Interacting with clients and international co-counsel to reach efficient and optimal solutions in all cross-border matters, and to assure our clients’ satisfaction, are integral to the high-quality and effective representation clients will receive from Alston & Bird.