Addressing the challenges of multidistrict litigation.
Many of our clients involved in multidistrict litigation (MDL) need to collaborate on related issues and documentation. These cases involve a multitude of coordinating parties and rapidly changing information, making it challenging for clients to manage litigation across all the firms involved. That’s where we step in.
Comprehensive experience in building extranets.
Alston & Bird builds virtual law firm extranets that allow clients to manage MDL matters across their many firms. These sites can host up to 90,000 documents and accommodate more than 600 users, enabling all parties involved to act as a single virtual law firm. Centralizing all activity provides an additional measure of security by eliminating the need to transmit documents by email or other, less secure means.
Our extranets facilitate communication and collaboration through:
- Dashboards featuring high-level summaries and key documents/dates related to litigation.
- Real-time tracking of status on matters, and on-demand reporting.
- Centralized management of key documents, pleadings, correspondence, and other vital information—including revisions and key issue changes.
- An audit trail of who has accessed the site and its documents.
- Interactive graphics to help visualize differences in the law among states.
Helping to advance the practice of law.
In addition to the benefits delivered to our automotive client, our extranet solution also benefited the other legal firms we collaborated with on our client’s behalf. As a matter of course, we provide customized training to our client and their other firms and co-developed the protocols and procedures for the extranet site—helping to elevate all parties involved.