Alston & Bird LLP and Eversheds presented a discussion of relevance to all businesses with interests abroad, particularly in Europe, that may be affected by disputes. The discussion drew upon two days of intensive exchanges on trends and developing areas of risk which a team of Alston & Bird and Eversheds partners held on March 5-6, 2007. Topics included the following...
- The spread of class actions in Europe
- Key areas of risk - antitrust, toxic torts and products liability, regulatory issues, securities and investor claims
- Forum shopping - jurisdictional considerations relating to enforcement and asset protection
- Privilege and disclosure - protecting critical business communications and information
- Managing litigation risks across borders for multinational businesses
- Managing disputes in major cross-border projects. Arbitration, Litigation or Mediation?
Tuesday, March 6, 2007
4:00pm - 5:30pm
Alston & Bird LLP / 90 Park Avenue / New York, NY