Marc Scheineson served as co-chair for this conference hosted by the American Bar Association Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice Section and sponsored by Alston & Bird LLP. In addition, Marc spoke on the panel "Use of Journal Articles in Medical Product Promotion" on Thursday, October 16, 10:15am – 11:45am. This panel reviewed and analyzed the FDA's recent good reprint practice guidance related to the use of peer-reviewed journal articles in the promotion of medical products. They also reviewed the parameters of 1st Amendment commercial free speech, the Washington Legal Foundation line of cases, and the current compliance posture of FDA related to off-label promotion using scientific journal materials. The use of Regional Medical Liaisons (RMLs) by pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers was also discussed.
Additional panel topics at the conference include.....
- Government Reform in the Next Administration
- Analyzing the Impact of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008
- Arbitrary and Capricious Review Revisited: State Farm vs. Vermont Yankee at Last
- Can EPA use Existing Authority to Regulate CO2 Emissions from Stationary Sources?
- GPRA, Regulatory Metrics, and Government Accountability
- Overview of Consumer Product Safety Commission Improvement Act of 2008
- Ethics and the Lawyer-Lobbyist – Responding to Congress’s Call for Lobbyist Self-Regulation
- The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative Model; Is it a Strong and Lasting Edifice?
- A Federal Agency External Ombuds Act: Do We Need One and What Would it Look Like?
- Agency Litigating Authority: Use or Abuse?
- Election Day: Ensuring A Fair Administrative Process
- Protecting the Integrity of Immigration Proceedings from Inside and Out: Oversight of Immigration Judges and Enhanced Agency Programs
- The Future of Federal E-Rulemaking: FDMS and Beyond
- New Frontiers in the Structure of Independent Agencies
- Annual Review of Major Developments in Administrative Law
- Corporate Co-Operation with a Government Investigation: What does it Mean? What is the Risk? Has Anything Changed?
- Foreign Relations and the Administrative State
- Antarctica - Will the Penguins Prevail? A Critical Review of the Regulatory and Enforcement Mechanisms of the Antarctic Treaty System
- Wall Street to Main Street: Bail Out and Financial Restructuring
October 16-17, 2008
L’Enfant Plaza Hotel / 480 L’Enfant Plaza, SW / Washington, D.C.