Kevin Miller moderated the panel discussion during this webcast hosted by DealLawyers.com. With new cases impacting fairness opinion practices, the dynamics and processes of preparing fairness opinions have been changing. Kevin's panel explored the latest trends and developments in this area, along with these topics of discussion.
- How should (and do) boards use fairness opinions?
- Recent case law regarding fairness opinions and investment banking conflicts of interest
- Dealing with contingent fee conflicts
- Recent developments regarding SEC Staff comments on fairness opinion disclosure
- What are the latest issues raised by SEC Staff comments regarding fairness opinion disclosure?
- Continuing implications of FINRA rules on fairness opinion disclosure and procedures
February 3, 2010
2:00pm - 2:45pm EST