Alston & Bird was a co-presenter of this webinar sponsored by The American Apparel & Footwear Association (AAFA). Washington, DC partner David Godofsky and Atlanta partner John Hickman addressed how the new health care reform legislation will impact businesses and explain the nuts and bolts of this legislation. They addressed the following topics.
- The financial implications and strategies for companies in dealing with health care coverage after PPACA
- New coverage mandates, such as limitations on waiting periods, prohibitions against annual and lifetime benefits caps, and pre-existing conditions exclusions, that will affect your group health plans
- How the new coverage mandate for adult dependent children up to age 26 will impact your plan
- How the new "pay or play" mandate will impact employers in 2014 and the real impact of the 2018 "Cadillac" plan tax
- How the new tax law changes will impact the retiree drug coverage exclusion and will impact W-2 reporting requirements for employers
- How the limitation on health FSA salary reduction benefits and over the counter drug reimbursements will impact your health plans
To view the full webinar, click here.
May 10, 2010
1:00pm - 3:00pm EDT