David Godofsky and Johann Lee presented this webinar sponsored by The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. (BNA). Since the enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), conflicting information regarding what employers should do to avoid the additional costs of benefit mandates have plagued both the popular and trade presses. This program provided a step-by-step approach to health plan design that considered all of the various financial impacts to the employer. Highlights included the following.
- the various penalties and incentives under PPACA, both for the employer and the employees
- the benefit mandates that have a financial impact on employers, and learning how to deal with those mandates
- how to achieve a rigorous approach to finding the optimal plan design to maintain employer profitability
- the financial impact of employee premium structures and decisions such as whether to maintain your plan's grandfathered status
- the relationships between the health care insurance exchanges, the individual mandate, employer provided insurance, and optimal plan design
August 31, 2010
2:00pm - 3:30pm