Clark Calhoun and Michael Giovannini presented "Selected Georgia Sales and Use Topics" on August 2nd, from 3:20 p.m. - 4:30 p.m., during this program sponsored by Lorman Education Services. The following topics were covered during the session.
- Drop Shipments
- Taxation of Contractors
- Taxation of Installation and Delivery Services
- Issues Arising in the Audit and Protest Process
- Taxable Removal of Items From Inventory
This seminar informed participants on how to avoid crippling fines and make tax audits manageable with updated knowledge of Alabama and Georgia sales and tax rules and regulations. The program discussed what is taxable, the best way to handle nexus issues and how to survive audits. In addition to Clark and Michael's session, the following topics were covered.
- Overview of Alabama Sales and Use Tax Law
- Alabama Sales and Tax Use Exemptions
- Selected Alabama Sales and Use Tax Topics
- Nexus and Collection Obligations on Internet Sales
- Overview and Update of Georgia Sales and Use Tax
- Georgia Sales and Use Tax Exemptions
August 2, 2011
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Perimeter Center / Atlanta, GA