Susan Kennedy moderated the panel "CA Cap on Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Market-Based Compliance Mechanisms" during this conference sponsored by Platts. The following topics were covered during the presentation.
- Legal challenges and market design issues
- Can California achieve a reduction in emissions to 1990 levels by 2020?
- Interactions between complementary programs
- cap and trade
- Who does and does not qualify as a “covered entity”?
- What are the issues and dynamics around allocations?
- Is cap and trade a go in January 2013?
Alston & Bird was a sponsor of this conference.
November 12-13, 2012
Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel / San Francisco, CA