Alston & Bird sponsored the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Corporate Counsel Awards event on October 15. The role of in-house counsel has never been more important or more visible as companies face increasingly complex legal and regulatory challenges. The Los Angeles Business Journal acknowledges the significant role that in-house counsel plays in the success of a business enterprise and recognize the accomplishments of leading in-house attorneys within the Los Angeles business community.
Candidates in each category were recognized for exceptional legal skill and achievement across the full spectrum of in-house responsibility, exemplary leadership as evidenced by the highest professional and ethical standards, and for contributions to the Los Angeles community at large.
Awards were presented in the following categories:
- Public Company (>$1 Billion): Michael Rowles, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Live Nation Entertainment
- Public Company (<$1 Billion): Seth Weisberg, Chief Legal Officer, Stamps.com Inc.
- Private Company (>$1 Billion): Arya Towfighi, Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel – Head of Litigation, Univision Communication Inc.
- Private Company (<$1 Billion): Matt Fojut, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Intelligent Beauty, Inc.
- Nonprofit Company: Carol Bradford, Senior Counsel and Charitable Advisor, California Community Foundation
- Rising Star: Cori Lynn Connell, General Counsel, International Coffee and Tea, LLC
October 15, 2013
Omni Los Angeles Hotel / Los Angeles, CA