Craig Carpenito was a featured panelist for the presentation "Insider Trading: New Investigative Techniques, Prevention and Successful Litigation Strategies" at this conference sponsored by ACI. The presentation covered the following topics.
- Current areas of prosecution and successful theories of defense
- Implementation of new training methods and screening processes as preventive measures
- Effective defense strategies to combat prosecution theories
- The role of portfolio managers and their potential for insider trading liability
- Increased scrutiny of hedge fund governance
- The Stock Act: status and who must disclose and how much
- Former emloyees in advisement capacities: the "auto insider"
- The dangers of insider trading with mutual funds
This was ACI's third national forum on Securities Litigation & Enforcement, where in-house counsel, litigators, jurists and regulatory and enforcment officials from federal and state agencies provided insights on current developments in the field and provided practicioners with strategies to prepare for and defend against the newest claims and claimants.
For more information about the conference, click here.
February 27-28, 2014
Grand Hyatt Washington / Washington, D.C.