Alston & Bird hosts monthly client seminars designed to provide current, relevant information about today’s legal issues.
This program was presented in a special expanded format and discussed how this industry sector has been a critical avenue of liquidity for market participants through the financial crisis and beyond, and is constantly evolving. This seminar brought together key players from all areas of this market for three panel discussions addressing regulatory developments; the impact of recent litigation; and the myriad of issues, opportunities and structural and business challenges that parties to residential and commercial mortgage loan facilities are confronting now. Topics included:
- The re-shaping of the market through regulation and litigation.
- Where are we heading with recourse, margining and traditional mark-to-market provisions?
- Grappling with new products, such as non-QM loans, and not so new products, like non-performing mortgage loans and REO properties.
- The impact of funds and other new participants on structure and the market.
- How the new world of securitization is affecting mortgage finance.
- Regina Abayev, Director, RBS Securities Inc.
- Michael Berg, Assistant General Counsel, Bank of America
- Jason Biegel, Managing Director, Angelo, Gordon & Co.
- Corina Gonzalez, Vice President, U.S. Structured Finance, DBRS
- Frank Hirsch, Partner, Litigation & Trial Practice, Alston & Bird
- Stephen Hofmann, Capital Markets Senior Counsel, Wells Fargo
- Gerard Keegan, Partner, Real Estate Finance & Investment, Alston & Bird
- Scott Lechner, Managing Director/COO of Securitized Products, Nomura Asset Capital Corporation
- David Nass, Managing Director, UBS Investment Bank
- Steve Ornstein, Partner, Finance Services & Products, Alston & Bird
- Robin Regan, Senior Director, Kroll Bond Rating Agency
- Ana Rosu Marmann, Director, Citigroup Global Markets
June 3, 2014
4:30 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Alston & Bird / 90 Park Avenue / 15th Floor / New York, NY 10016-1387