Nanci Weissgold and Scott Samlin participated in this conference hosted by National Mortgage News.
Nanci was a featured speaker during the session "Mortgage Servicing Rules 2.0." On November 20, 2014, the CFPB proposed amendments to its Mortgage Servicing Rules. Specifically, if adopted, the new regulations would affect successor in interest, loss mitigation and early intervention requirements. In addition, on August 19, 2014, the CFPB released Bulletin 2014-01, providing in-depth guidance about the CFPB’s expectations for servicers involved in transfer of mortgage servicing under RESPA, 12 CFR § 1024.38. This session discussed the proposed changes, addressed their impact on servicing transfers, and identified best practices that servicers should consider implementing.
Scott was a featured speaker during the session "Effectively Managing Compliance and Operational Enhancements: Cost and Risk Containment." The following topics were covered during the session:
- Evolving compliance concerns for bank and non-bank servicers
- Building an infrastructure to support compliance obligations
- Leveraging and managing commercially available tools & techniques
- Assessing the nearshore/onshore/offshore opportunities
- Compliance risk associated with managing vendors
For more information, please click here.
April 22-24, 2015
Westin Galleria / Dallas, TX