Alston & Bird hosted A Day in the Life of Lee Lawyer on Thursday, February 4, 2016, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. at the Raleigh Marriott City Center. The scenario-based program discussed ethical issues corporate counsel encounter on a daily basis:
- Corporate counsel in the hot seat: personal and ethical liability issues
- Ethical issues in mergers and acquisitions
- Ethical issues in representing officers and directors
- Ethical issues in contract negotiations
- Attorney/client privilege waiver issues
- Recurring ethical issues in government and internal investigations: cooperation, document preservation, employee rights and crisis management
Mark Calloway, Partner, Government Investigations & Compliance and former U.S. Attorney for the Western District of N.C., Alston & Bird
Linda Feuss, General Counsel, Bayer CropScience
Susan Grimes, Legal Counsel, Novozymes North America
Mike Kaeding, Partner, Litigation, Alston & Bird
Ashley Menser, Partner, Federal & International Tax, Alston & Bird
3 hours of NC Ethics CLE Credit pending. Additional states available upon request.
Contact Maggie Janke at Maggie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 4, 2016
9:00a.m. - 12:00p.m.
Raleigh Marriott City Center / 500 Fayetteville St, Congressional Room / Raleigh, NC 27601