Emily Costin will be a speaker during the session “Discovery Issues in Benefit Claim Actions: Conflict of Interest Discovery, Requests for Evidence Outside of the Record in Conflicts Situations, the Scope of the Administrative Record, and E-Discovery & Proportionality” at this event hosted by the American Conference Institute.
The session will cover:
- Conflicts of interest discovery
- Requests for evidence outside of the record in conflicts situations
- Judicial review of claims decisions and the battle over discretion, preemption, and jurisdiction
- Scope of the administrative record: limiting discovery to the administrative record and determining which documents must be disclosed
- Discovery requests: What should the plaintiff request and how can the insurer properly respond to requests; identifying the appropriate discovery motions to file; avoiding ERISA penalties when responding to document requests
- E-discovery & proportionality: What types of discovery are exchangeable; how to make proportionality arguments from the defense side; and perspectives from the plaintiff side
For more information click here.