Alston & Bird was ranked fourth in banker representations for 2013 by Corporate Control Alert. Alston & Bird is regularly ranked among the leading counsel to investment banks by Corporate Control Alert and other publications. Partners Kevin Miller, who heads the firm’s financial advisors practice, and Aaron Dixon have acted as counsel to investment banks acting as financial advisors in transactions worth over $100 billion over the last several years, including the following transactions in 2013:
- Coastal Energy in connection with its acquisition by an affiliate of CEPSA for approximately $2.3 billion;
- General Parts International in connection with its acquisition by Advanced Auto Parts for approximately $2 billion;
- Crown Holdings in connection with its pending acquisition of Mivisa Envases for approximately $1.6 billion;
- CapLease in connection with its acquisition by American Realty Capital for approximately $2.2 billion; and
- Berry Petroleum in connection with its acquisition by LinnCo and LINN Energy for approximately $4.3 billion.