Alston & Bird has been recognized by Patexia Inc. as a market leader representing respondents and complainants in Section 337 investigations conducted by the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC).
In its inaugural 2020 ITC Intelligence Report identifying the top 100 ITC law firms and attorneys, Patexia ranks Alston & Bird among the top 10 most-active firms overall and the top 15 best-performing firms overall.
The report evaluates the activity and performance of about 400 law firms and over 7,000 attorneys across more than 300 ITC cases filed under Section 337 between January 1, 2014, and December 1, 2019.
Among the report’s other highlights, Alston & Bird also ranks among the:
- Top 5 most-active law firms representing respondents
- Top 5 best-performing law firms representing respondents
- Top 10 most-active law firms representing complainants
- Top 10 best-performing law firms representing complainants
Additionally, the report identifies the following Alston & Bird attorneys among the best in handling ITC cases:
- Adam Swain – ranked among the top 10 best-performing attorneys representing respondents; top 10 best-performing attorneys representing complainants; top 10 most-active attorneys overall; top 25 most-active attorneys representing respondents; top 25 most-active attorneys representing complainants; and top 50 best-performing attorneys overall.
- Pat Flinn – ranked among the top 10 best-performing attorneys overall and top 100 most-active attorneys representing complainants.
- Helen Su – ranked among the top 75 best-performing attorneys representing respondents and top 100 best-performing attorneys overall.
- Brian Hill – ranked among the top 50 best-performing attorneys overall; top 50 best-performing attorneys representing respondents; top 50 most-active attorneys overall; top 50 most-active attorneys representing respondents; and top 100 most-active attorneys representing complainants.
The report is the most recent by Patexia identifying Alston & Bird as a leader in intellectual property litigation. Previous studies highlighting the firm include Patexia’s 2018 and 2019 IPR Intelligence Reports.
Founded in 2010, Patexia Inc. is an intellectual property community and information service. The 2020 ITC Intelligence Report is based on data obtained from public sources, including the ITC’s Electronic Document Information System, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records), as well as self-reported by attorneys on the Patexia website.