- Advised a global diamond producer in a potential capital restructuring transaction involving first lien bank facilities and second lien high-yield notes.
- Advised a UK-based high-yield issuer about COVID-19-related short-term liquidity funding options.
- Advised a UK-based performance car manufacturer in asset disposals and restructurings.
- Advised the sole bookrunner on a €225 million senior secured floating rate note offering by a leading French metal recycling corporation (an HIG portfolio company).
- Advised the issuer on the financing in the acquisition of certain steel manufacturing assets in central and eastern Europe regarding the issuance of a high-yield notes offering of up to €350 million and vendor financing.
- Advised the joint bookrunners on a €250 million senior guaranteed notes refinancing by a leading oil and gas producer with assets in the Middle East.
- Advised a Milan-based financial services company on the strategic acquisition of a credit management services provider valued at approximately €400 million.
- Advised a leading UK-based support and construction company on its group refinancing and restructuring.
- Advised a UK-based newspaper group on its capital restructuring of its £220 million high-yield notes and asset sales, implemented by a pre-pack administration.
- Advised lead arrangers on a second lien note issuance by a French creditor insurance and mortgage broker.
- Advised a German-based beverage company on its Rule 144A/Reg S high-yield notes and Norwegian senior notes issuance.
- Advised a UK-based oil and gas producer on its bridge-to-bond commitment papers and Norwegian senior notes issuance.
- Advised a UK-based oil and gas producer on the continued restructuring of its extendable PIK toggle senior notes, including liability management related to prospective issuance of exchange notes.
- Advised a Belgium-based corporation (a Lone Star portfolio company) in its debut €250 million senior secured high-yield notes offering.
- Advised a German-based retailer with its debut €300 million senior secured high-yield notes offering.
- Advised the sole bookrunner with an Indian-based automotive company in its $100 million senior secured notes offering.
- Advised a Middle Eastern oil and gas corporation in its debut $250 million senior guaranteed notes – the first high-yield issuance in Kuwait.
- Advised the sole bookrunner to a leading European vending and coffee services company in its debut €350 million senior secured notes and CHF245 million senior secured notes.
- Advised a German-based manufacturer of rolling element bearings for automotive and industrial uses on its €800 million senior secured notes offering and €1 billion PIK toggle notes offering.
- Advised the sole bookrunner of a UK-based global fashion retailer's debut £500 million senior secured notes offering and €525 million senior subordinated notes offering.
- Advised the bookrunners with a German-based fashion retailer’s debut €380 million senior secured notes and €145 million floating rate notes.
- Advised the bookrunners in the largest Dutch cable operator’s debut €750 million senior secured high-yield notes offering.
- Advised the bookrunners to a Middle East provider of offshore jackup accommodation service vessels in their debut $225 million senior secured notes.
- Advised the sole bookrunner during a UK-based specialist home care provider’s debut £220 million senior secured notes and £50 million second lien notes offering.
- Advised the sole bookrunner in a UK-based telecom’s $900 million senior notes and £400 million senior notes due.
- Advised a UK-based short holiday park provider on in its £280 million class B fixed rate secured notes.
Tamer Bahgat focuses his practice on leveraged finance, with an international insight on high yield and term loan Bs, and restructuring. He regularly advises private equity firms, issuers, and underwriters with wide-ranging strategic advice such as 144A/Reg S high-yield notes offerings, liability management, and finance and restructuring. Tamer’s work earned him recognition by Legal 500 as a recommended lawyer for high-yield transactions.
Tamer is a board member of the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) High Yield Division. He regularly speaks on high yield and leveraged finance topics and has moderated panels at AFME’s annual conferences. He has published several articles on matters related to his practice and he is a regular visiting lecturer at the London Business School. Tamer is also an advisory board member of the Egyptian Stock Exchange.
Tamer earned his J.D. from Howard University School of Law and his master’s degree in finance, with a focus on corporate finance, from the London Business School. He was the first Middle Eastern/African editor-in-chief of the Howard Law Journal. He received his B.A. in economics and international relations, summa cum laude, and a B.S. in biochemistry, magna cum laude, from Calvin College.
- New York
- London Business School (M.Fin., 2017)
- Howard University (J.D., 2006)
- Calvin College (B.S., B.A., 2001)