- Represented Fortress Investment Group in acquiring a 300-plus location restaurant chain through a Section 363 sale for $50 million.
- Representing offshore liquidators based in the Cayman Islands as U.S. counsel in a major fraud liquidation involving more than a dozen jurisdictions.
- Representing offshore liquidators based in the Cayman Islands as U.S. counsel in the liquidation of a foreign branch of a regional depository institution.
- Represented a sponsor-backed healthcare linen company in the liquidation of its business and creditor negotiations.
- Representing a merchant services provider in bankruptcy cases and receivership actions across the United States.
- Represented a space infrastructure company as corporate counsel in its Chapter 11 case, including the negotiation of its debtor-in-possession financing and stalking horse bid.
- Represented Qatar Airways in negotiating and documenting a $1.150 billion DIP loan to LATAM Airlines Group S.A. in its Chapter 11 case and defending against alleged fraudulent transfer claims asserted by the unsecured creditors’ committee.
- Represented an ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders in the prepackaged Chapter 11 case of a South American automotive conglomerate.
- Advising lenders in non-distressed financial transactions in the structuring of intercreditor agreements in split-lien and unitranche financings.
- Advising lenders in distressed financial transactions in the structuring of credit amendments and workouts in bilateral and syndicated loans.
- Representing a grocery and food service supply chain leader in its role as critical vendor in restaurant bankruptcy cases across the United States.
- Representing an insurance premium financing lender in commercial litigation across the United States.
- Represented a commercial real estate fund in acquiring a historic midtown Atlanta property through a Section 363 sale.
- Represented the court-appointed Chapter 11 trustee in a Section 363 sale of seven critical access rural hospitals.
- Represented a drilling and blasting company in its Chapter 11 case.
Chris Coleman is a senior associate in the Financial Restructuring & Reorganization Group at Alston & Bird, where he represents key stakeholders in all aspects of financial restructuring matters, both in- and out-of-court, and has experience advising across several industry sectors.
Chris’s in-court experience includes representing companies, lenders, strategic investors, liquidators, and other stakeholders in complex bankruptcy cases, offshore liquidations, receivership actions, and insolvency litigation. Chris’s transactional practice includes regularly advising clients on distressed M&A transactions, out-of-court restructurings, workouts, winddowns, and other special situations.
- North Carolina
- University of Tennessee (J.D., 2018)
- Wake Forest University (M.Div., 2015)
- Carson-Newman University (B.A., 2012)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Georgia Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Turnaround Management Association