- Represented the defendant in litigation involving claims of trade secret misappropriation and patent infringement relating to building materials. Huber Engineered Woods LLC v. Georgia-Pacific Wood Products LLC, No. 16-cv-00399 (W.D.N.C.).
- Represents the plaintiff in a suit relating to waste disposal systems. Edgewell Personal Care Brands LLC v. Munchkin Inc., No. 16-cv-00094 (D. Conn.).
- Represents the plaintiff in a suit relating to passenger airbag technologies. Autoliv ASP Inc. v. Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd., et al., No. 13-cv-00141 (M.D. Ala.).
- Represents respondent Diebold in a suit relating to deposit automation technologies. Certain Automated Teller Machines, ATM Modules, Components Thereof, and Products Containing the Same, Inv. No. 337-TA-989 (ITC).
- Represented the declaratory judgment plaintiff in claims related to patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation. Dixie Consumer Products LLC, et al. v. The Tradewell Group Inc., No. 15-cv-02899 (N.D. GA.).
- Represented the client in patent infringement litigation involving veterinary pharmaceuticals. Obtained a permanent injunction and subsequent entry of a contempt order, which was upheld on appeal to the Federal Circuit. Also obtained a preliminary injunction on behalf of the client in a subsequent patent infringement suit. BASF Agro B.V. v. Cipla Limited; Merial Limited and Merial SAS v. Velcera, et al., No. 07-cv-00125 (M.D. GA.).
- Represented the patent owner in post-grant proceedings and Federal Circuit appeals challenging the validity of patents related to passenger airbag technology; a majority of the client’s claims survived challenge. Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd., et al. v. Autoliv ASP Inc., IPR2014-01005 and -01006 (PTAB).
- Represented the patent owner in a post-grant challenge to the validity of patents relating to waste disposal systems. Both petitions were denied (no institution). Munchkin Inc. v. International Refills Company Ltd., IPR2016-01154 and IPR2017-00050 (PTAB).
- Represented patent owner MiMedx in an inter partes review concerning medical tissue grafts. The petition was denied (no institution). Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation v. MiMedx Group Inc., IPR2015-00669 (PTAB).
Intellectual Property Counseling
- Counsel to a multinational corporation on issues related to intellectual property and technology transactions.