Oil and Gas
- Represented a large international oil company against a Big Oil supermajor in an arbitration regarding a joint operating agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment for the defendant oil company in a $50 million-dollar dispute over an oil and case lease in the Permian Basin.
- Represented an E&P company in a dispute over the termination of a gas gathering and processing agreement.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for the plaintiffs in a fraud litigation matter related to property in the Permian Basin.
- Represented the plaintiff, an international energy company, in an ICDR arbitration regarding breach of contract and fraud claims.
- Representing oil and gas companies in lease termination disputes located in the Permian Basin.
Securities and Investment Fraud
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of the defendant from an action related to the Platinum Partners fraud in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented the managers of feeder funds in state and federal litigation, including derivative litigation, consolidated class action litigation, direct litigation by a fund, and clawback proceedings in bankruptcy and federal courts, all resulting from the Ponzi scheme perpetrated by Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC.
- Represented a large private equity firm in a multibillion-dollar securities class action resulting from its IPO.
- Represented large banks in multiple mortgage-backed securities cases.
- Represented a commercial real estate broker in a trade secret misappropriation case opposite a former employee and the employee’s new company; aided in obtaining an anti-competitive temporary injunction with a favorable settlement and no non-compete.
- Represented a real estate software company in trade secret misappropriation litigation brought against former employees.
- Represented members of a company that provided services to a major state transportation agency in a breach of fiduciary duty and trade secret theft case.