- Represented a national bank on the origination of a $520 million securitized mortgage loan and five tranches of mezzanine financing equaling $230 million, in the aggregate, as well as the sale of the five tranches of mezzanine financing. Subsequently represented the same national bank, as a servicer, on a tax-driven borrower conversion and loan assumption of this financing as well as the national bank, as a servicer and a mezzanine lender, on a subsequent new borrower loan assumption and loan document modification and a subsequent borrower equity sale and loan document modification.
- Represented a national bank in the origination of a $120 million syndicated mortgage loan secured by six retail properties located in Florida, South Carolina and Georgia, that was syndicated to three additional co-lenders at closing.
- Represented an investment company in two transactions involving the purchase of three tranches of mezzanine loans in two stacked mezzanine financings and negotiations of intercreditor agreements involving a borrower-affiliated lender.
- Represented an investment fund in the acquisition of a mortgage loan secured by over 110 acres of raw land located in Las Vegas, Nevada, for future development into a convention center. The deal involved future advances, a senior/junior mezzanine loan structure, negotiation of a complex intercreditor agreement, foreign tax implications (including conversion of the note into registered form), complex borrower organizational structure (including rights of first refusal with respect to, and redemption of, equity interests) and land use and environmental issues. Also represented the investment fund on the workout and subsequent foreclosure of the mortgage loan.
- Represented a national bank in the origination of a $43.5 million loan for the construction of a shopping mall secured by real property located in Texas. The transaction involved the negotiation of a development agreement and tri-party agreement with the take-out lender.
- Represented a special servicer in connection with the workout and modification of a $186,550,000 securitized mortgage loan secured by a retail shopping mall located in Minnesota.
- Phone: +1 212 210 9579
- Email: email@example.com
Institutional lenders in commercial real estate rely on Meryl's counsel for all types of loan transactions. Whether you're facing loan financing, sales, purchases, workouts or foreclosures, you can rely on Meryl to tackle your most complicated objectives.