Public Finance and Health Care
- Closed billions of dollars in taxable and tax-exempt financings as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, issuer’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel, lender’s counsel, bank counsel, trustee’s counsel, company counsel, and developer’s counsel on fixed and variable rate debt.
- Counsel for the lender in the negotiation and closing of a tax-exempt loan to the largest public health care system in Florida.
- Counsel to a North Carolina 501(c)(3) health care system in the issuance of Cinderella bonds, an interest rate conversion and remarketing, and other tax-exempt capital financings.
- Counsel to a Georgia 501(c)(3) health care system in the negotiation and closing of an annual line of credit.
Infrastructure and P3
- Counsel to a developer for state of Georgia office buildings utilizing design-build-finance (lease-purchase financing) and design-build-finance-maintain models.
- Drafted procurement and project documents as part of the outside counsel team for the Texas Department of Transportation’s Southern Gateway, a $600+ million design-build highway project.
- Advised a state high-speed rail authority on federal financing agreements and other legal compliance matters related to its development of high-speed rail.
- Prepared a due-diligence report for a global highway concession company’s bid to acquire and modify concession interest in the Northwest Parkway toll road in metropolitan Denver.
- Advised on a university’s legal structure and prepared a due-diligence report on a master development agreement for the $1.1 billion University of California, Merced DBFOM campus expansion project as part of the lender’s counsel team for a consortium bidder.
- Advised a global infrastructure firm’s Brazil team on a U.S. airport security RFP and related general corporate matters.