Public Finance and 501(c)(3)
- Closed billions of dollars in taxable and tax exempt financings as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, issuer’s counsel, underwriter’s counsel, lender’s counsel, bank counsel, trustee’s counsel, company counsel, and developer’s counsel on fixed and variable rate debt.
- Counsel for the lender in the negotiation and closing of a tax-exempt loan to the largest public health care system in Florida.
- Counsel to a North Carolina 501(c)(3) health care system in the issuance of Cinderella bonds, an interest rate conversion and remarketing, and other tax-exempt capital financings.
- Counsel to a Georgia 501(c)(3) health care system in the negotiation and closing of an annual line of credit.
Infrastructure and P3s
- Counsel to a developer for state of Georgia office buildings utilizing design-build-finance (lease-purchase financing) and design-build-finance-maintain models.
- Drafted procurement and project documents as part of the outside counsel team for the Texas Department of Transportation’s Southern Gateway, a $600+ million design-build highway project.
- Advised a state high speed rail authority on federal financing agreements and other legal compliance matters related to high speed rail development.
- Prepared a due diligence report for a global highway concession company’s bid to acquire and modify concession interest in the Northwest Parkway toll road in metropolitan Denver.
- Advised on a university’s legal structure and prepared a due diligence report on a master development agreement for the $1.1 billion University of California, Merced DBFOM campus expansion project as part of the lender’s counsel team for a consortium bidder.
- Advised a global infrastructure firm’s Brazil team on a U.S. airport security RFP and related general corporate matters.