- Won a challenge to personal jurisdiction in Texas state court on behalf of an Australian power company, resulting in dismissal and voiding of a default judgment that awarded relief equivalent to approximately $200 million.
- National trial and appellate counsel for a major wireless telecommunications provider in connection with issues surrounding 9-1-1 services liability. Obtained complete dismissal of all claims in multiple wrongful death and substantial personal injury cases in federal and state courts; obtained affirmance of dismissals before the Fifth and Sixth Circuits; and appealed a federal district court’s ruling on a motion to dismiss, resulting in a Fifth Circuit opinion ordering the district court to dismiss all claims against the client.
- Won a federal trial verdict on all claims in a pro bono case for a Honduran father who was seeking to be reunited with his children after they were unlawfully removed to the U.S. without his knowledge or consent.
- Obtained a favorable decision by the Texas Court of Appeals dismissing all claims against the client for lack of personal jurisdiction in a suit arising out of a shooting that occurred outside a subdealer’s retail store.
- Obtained dismissal of a federal putative class action against a telecommunications company related to alleged misdirected communications.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a Fortune 10 company in a case involving an alleged breach of a software licensing agreement.
- Obtained a $1 million judgment for pro bono clients in a case arising out of a scheme to defraud clients out of their life savings and was also one of the first cases in Texas to permit service via social media.
- Won a federal court motion to dismiss all claims against a major telecommunications client in a wrongful death case involving allegations of a failure to ping a cell phone during an emergency.
- Obtained a favorable settlement for a nationwide movie theater chain arising out of a breach of noncompete.
- Won summary judgment in a wrongful death case related to allegations that an ornamental metal picket fence is defective.
- Phone: +1 214 922 3518
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nathan helps guide clients involved in commercial litigation in state and federal court toward the resolution of their disputes.
- Obtained complete dismissal in a case arising out of a robbery at a retail store that resulted in injuries to a customer.
- Represented a Texas bank in a contract dispute with a call center vendor related to the vendor charging fees that were not permitted under the contract.
- Represented a major computer and software company in a case involving the termination of a long-term reseller relationship related to travel agency booking fees.
- Represented the former CEO of a Texas bank in a dispute arising out of a $76 million bank merger.
- Obtained favorable summary judgment in a contract dispute related to bundled subprime automobile loans.
- Won summary judgment for an educational software company on a plaintiff’s primary claims in a software licensing dispute, which resulted in a favorable settlement of the remaining claims.
- National counsel to a major telecommunications company in product liability cases involving allegations of exploding or overheating cell phones.
- Won a challenge to personal jurisdiction in federal court on behalf of a Chinese manufacturer client in a product liability case stemming from a fire that allegedly caused substantial damage to an office building.
- Obtained complete dismissal of all claims against a Japanese client through a personal jurisdictional challenge in a case stemming from the plaintiff being injured on a popular theme park’s roller coaster.
- Representing fireplace manufacturers in multiple product liability lawsuits involving alleged burn injuries due to contact with the glass front of the clients’ fireplaces.
- Represented a client in multistate litigation related to the client’s purchase of an education furniture company.
- Represented a transportation logistics company in a dispute over the sale of a factoring agreement portfolio.
- Secured a favorable settlement that resulted in no liability or payments from a community bank client after removing the case to federal court and convincing the federal bankruptcy court that the plaintiffs lacked standing to assert their alleged claims.
- Represented a financial adviser in its application to be retained as an adviser of a debtor in a large Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims against a client in a wrongful death case related to an intoxicated driving incident involving the client’s employees during non-work hours.
- Represented a major telecommunications provider in preventing the release of confidential information by a municipality faced with multiple open records requests related to the 9-1-1 system.
- Prevented disclosure of a client’s confidential information by opposing an open records request that the client’s competitor made to a municipal transportation system concerning a bid our client made.
Nathan Lee is a senior associate with Alston & Bird’s Litigation & Trial Practice Group, focusing his practice on software and technology disputes and products liability cases. Before joining Alston & Bird, Nathan clerked for the Honorable James O. Browning in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico, where he worked on cases involving employment discrimination, securities fraud, civil rights violations, class actions, and criminal and oil and gas issues.
Nathan received his J.D., summa cum laude, from Southern Methodist University, where he was the lead articles editor for the SMU Law Review, and received his B.A. in humanities, summa cum laude, from Lubbock Christian University.
- Southern Methodist University (J.D., 2014)
- Lubbock Christian University (B.A., 2011)