- Assisted a client in the purchase and leaseback of commercial space in Southern California.
- Representing a national financial institution in the negotiation, structuring, and closing of the sale of commercial property.
- Assisting in the negotiation and drafting of commercial lease transactions.
- Advising a governmental entity on all aspects of the transfer of real property assets throughout California.
- Represented various clients in the dissolution and acquisition of corporate assets.
- Assisted an industrial developer in its acquisition of properties nationwide.
- Represented a major oil company in connection with loans to franchisees for service-station construction and improvements and related default procedures.
- Advised a client’s senior management team on the ramifications of the handover of 200+ leased properties to the landlord, resulting in significant cost savings and minimized risk.
- Drafted key operations documents, including vendor contracts, franchise termination agreements, construction performance agreements, and miscellaneous contract amendments and addendums, for a national petroleum company.
- Represented a renewable energy company, under indictment for criminal economic espionage and conspiracy, against the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Defended a national petroleum company in a four-day arbitration related to alleged breaches of a commercial lease agreement.
- Achieved a $1 million verdict for a major petroleum company involving PMPA violations, antitrust violations, and breach of contract claims.
- Represented a client in a nationwide class action that included putative claims for fraud, unconscionability, violation of consumer protection statutes, and breach of contract, and that sought hundreds of millions of dollars in damages.
- Defended a number of national financial institutions in state and federal courts in debt collection cases, including defense of FDCPA, Rosenthal Act, FCRA, RESPA, TILA, TCPA, EFTA, and UCL claims; various contractual claims; and fraud.