Oil and Gas
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of seller of mineral interests in a breach-of-warranty title dispute.
- Facilitated favorable settlement on behalf of the lessors in a royalty underpayment dispute.
- Resolved multiple force majeure disputes through early negotiation before litigation with favorable results for the client.
- Representing oil and gas companies in lease termination disputes, purchase contract disputes, and joint operating agreement disputes throughout Texas and the Permian Basin.
- Representing oil and gas companies in various royalty disputes, including a current representation of a major oil and gas company in a royalty class action.
- Advised buyers in oil and gas transactions of potential litigation risks arising posed by potential asset acquisition.
Contract Disputes and Commercial Litigation
- Represented an ambulance services provider in a dispute over a sole-provider contract.
- Drafted a key briefing to facilitate the settlement of an activist shareholder litigation for a major publicly traded company.
- Represented a corporation in arbitration of a $100 million earn-out dispute.
- Represented large public corporations in investigations of whistleblower accusations and executive issues, including #MeToo allegations.
- Key associate on multiple nationwide internal investigations of various corporations related to money laundering, contract fraud, and breaches of securities laws and regulations.
- Obtained life-long benefits for a disabled veteran in pro bono appeal.
- Drafted a Fifth Circuit appellate brief on behalf of an asylum seeker.
- Partnered with the ACLU to draft an amicus brief in the Ninth Circuit on behalf of former state prison corrections officials.