Oil and Gas
- Representing oil and gas companies in disputes involving lease termination, purchase contracts, and joint operating agreements throughout Texas and the Permian Basin.
- Representing oil and gas companies in various royalty disputes, including a current representation of a major oil and gas company in a royalty class action.
- Representing clients in multi-layered indemnity disputes involving competing obligations and entities.
- Advising operators and royalty owners in analyzing lease terms and interpreting royalty provisions.
- Advised buyers in oil and gas transactions of potential litigation risks arising posed by potential asset acquisition.
- Obtained a favorable resolution of a purchase agreement dispute involving large sale of Texas mineral interests.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of seller of mineral interests in a breach-of-warranty title dispute.
- Facilitated a favorable settlement on behalf of the lessors in a royalty underpayment dispute.
- Resolved multiple force majeure disputes through early negotiation before litigation with favorable results for the client.