- Advises energy clients regarding federal regulatory issues related to and has successfully obtained federal approvals for numerous utility mergers and electric generation and transmission asset purchases and transfers.
- Advises a wide range of energy clients in the formation and negotiation of wholesale power and energy transactions including drafting and reviewing tariffs, contracts, and transaction-specific agreements, as well as on related federal energy regulatory issues.
- Successfully represented numerous energy clients in electric rate litigations, rulemaking proceedings and a wide variety of other matters before FERC.
- Federal and state regulatory counsel in connection with various electric utility mergers and acquisitions in connection with purchases and sales of electric generation, transmission and distribution assets.
- Counsel to various investor-owned electric utilities in connection with transmission, purchased power and related commercial activities.
- Counsel to various entities providing independent transmission service and for-profit, independent transmission coordination services.
- Phone: +1 202 239 3360
Steve's background in antitrust law brings a distinctive perspective to his energy practice when facilitating utility transactions, including mergers and discrete transactions involving specific assets. He has an extensive track record representing his energy clients in proceedings before federal agencies such as FERC.