- Counseled a health care technology company to develop holistic intellectual property acquisition and enforcement strategies for its bodily fluid analysis inventions, including patent, trademark, and public demonstration strategies.
- Counseled an owner of optimized data transmission patents to develop multifaceted, worldwide enforcement strategies for its patent portfolio, related German infringement and nullity proceedings, and related U.S. inter partes review proceeding.
- Performed due diligence and freedom-to-operate analyses for a health care technology company related to potential acquisitions and new commercial products.
- Performed detailed due diligence relating to enforcement strategies for an owner of information transmission patents, including pre-assertion infringement and patentability analyses based on pending litigation and inter partes review proceedings.
Patent Preparation and Prosecution
- Prepared and prosecuted U.S. and international patent applications in a variety of technical areas, including medical devices, mechanical devices, optics, nanotechnology and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), analog and digital circuitry, integrated circuits, programmable logic, semiconductor devices, energy systems, telecommunications, signal processing, virtualization, e-commerce, and software.
- Prepared U.S. design patent applications relating to the rollout of a new personal computer operating system.
Patent Trial and Appeal Board Proceedings
- Represented the patent owner in inter partes review proceedings relating to motion control patents, resulting in the first decisions finding none of the challenged claims unpatentable.
- Represented the patent owner in inter partes review proceedings relating to machine vision patents.
- Represented the patent owner in an inter partes review proceeding relating to an optimized data transmission patent.